tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if i recall is also takes 5 trophies correct? its not something you can get early game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
if i recall is also takes 5 trophies correct? its not something you can get early game.

Exactly. Not insane at all, it takes a lot of time to learn and drains a gazillion trophies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually think that it is bad.

As others have said you need 5 trophies to get it, and it doesn't help in combat.

So to make it worth it, you need to get at least 6 extra trophies out of your extra action.

As an example:

Let say you get 14 trophies in a typical game.

If you spend your first 5 to get Ascendancy then you probably will get 4/3 more trophies. So the 9 remaining become 12. But 12 trophies is less then 14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got "Raised in the Wild" the other day which makes Adventuring 1 action instead of 2 and costs 3 trophies and it helped a lot. This game is not all about combat. In fact, you could almost go through the entire game without fighting and still win.

Come to think of it, that would actually be a good Challenge. Beat the Margath scenario by only doing Exploration and Social Adventures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Ascendancy shines more when you can learn it directly from your hand as a quest reward. I suspect it's hard to make back the five trophies you spent using those bonus actions, but if you can buy it for cheaper, it's a lot better. At best you're getting 24 actions from it, probably you're getting more like 12. Really hard to get 5 trophies worth of power using 12 actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
So to make it worth it, you need to get at least 6 extra trophies out of your extra action.

Some of what you can get out of extra actions is gold, which is at least as important as trophies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
youperguy wrote:

Some of what you can get out of extra actions is gold, which is at least as important as trophies.

True, but if you used those 5 trophies for combat skills, it would help you win more Orange adventures giving you more gold as well.

I agree that it works best as a "free" skill from a quest or rumor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.