Subject: Promos at Gencon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does anyone have a list of the promos given out at Gencon? Also, what would this promo collection be called?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Lai
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
don't know if this is complete, but the promo cards i got were:

the ark
battle barge
starmarket
predator

i believe only predator has not been previously given out, it has a gen con 2016 stamp on it and is an alternate art card for a card from colony wars

i also got a thundarus promo for epic card game which also has a gen con 2016 stamp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

Gen Con specific promos were Thundarus and Predator.

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Would it be bad to call these promos lazy, for simply copy/pasting and then reversing the character depicted on the regular card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not at all. They are essential! If Thundarus can only face to the right (his right, your left), there is a huge weakness on his other side. I for one would like my constructed dragon decks to contain dragons capable of attacking on both sides, for a balanced offense. There is a similar factor at play in Star Realms, where I prefer to stock my fleet with Cutters capable of ferrying supplies both to and from my bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
greylag wrote:
Not at all. They are essential! If Thundarus can only face to the right (his right, your left), there is a huge weakness on his other side. I for one would like my constructed dragon decks to contain dragons capable of attacking on both sides, for a balanced offense. There is a similar factor at play in Star Realms, where I prefer to stock my fleet with Cutters capable of ferrying supplies both to and from my bases.

Perfection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.