Subject: What Does This Game Feel Like? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of the positive response the Spanish version has, and because I'm a sucker for card games and WWII, I backed this project. But because most of the videos and posts are in Spanish, I don't know much about it.

For anyone that has played the game, could you explain how 2GM Tactics plays and feels? Looks a bit fiddly, though most cog/lcg games are varying degrees of fiddly. Does it feel like a regular hand management game? Or because of the movement, is it more of a Up Front style game?

Appreciate any comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yo Mismo
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi Dunty O,
I bought the game in the previous campaign of crowdfunding and I have to say that I love. I´ve played many gameplays, both royal battles and historical battles. It's a great game. Very careful in details. With an easy mechanics to learn but deep enough to engage.
Best for two players, but also works very well 3-4. The solo is very worked and is a welcome addition in a game.
Has many positive points: to make your own deck, solo rules, how to shape the supply line to gain action points, to make assaults, immobilize an enemy by under surppressive fire, covered movement behind vehicles, and especially a lot of replayability.
It´s a Must Have.

Sorry for my English.

Me compré el juego en la anterior campaña de crowdfunding y he de decir que me encanta. He jugado muchísimas partidas, tanto batallas campales como escenarios históricos. Es un grandísimo juego. Muy cuidado en detalles. Con una mecánica muy fácil de aprender pero lo suficientemente profundo como para enganchar.
Mejor para dos jugadores, pero también funciona muy bien a 3-4. El solitario está muy trabajado y es un añadido muy de agradecer en un juego.
Tiene muchos puntos positivos: poder hacer tu propio mazo, partidas en solitario, la manera de plasmar la línea de suministros para ganar puntos de acción, poder hacer asaltos, inmovilizar una unidad enemiga con disparos, avanzar a cubierto tras vehículos, y sobretodo muchísima rejugabilidad.
En mi humilde opinión es un Must Have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShiniBelial, your english is very good. Thank you for your response. You listed some things about the game I didn't know about. Shaping a supply line for more action points, suppresive fire and assaults sound fantastic.

Thank you much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
Issy-les-Moulineaux
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wister wrote:
Because of the positive response the Spanish version has, and because I'm a sucker for card games and WWII, I backed this project. But because most of the videos and posts are in Spanish, I don't know much about it.

For anyone that has played the game, could you explain how 2GM Tactics plays and feels? Looks a bit fiddly, though most cog/lcg games are varying degrees of fiddly. Does it feel like a regular hand management game? Or because of the movement, is it more of a Up Front style game?

Appreciate any comments.

Very interesting questions Wister !

@Yo Mismo : thank you for your answer. I'm rewriting the translated rules by François and Thierry in an improved french version.

May I ask you some questions to check my understanding ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.