5 Posts

Versailles» Forums » Variants

Subject: Problem Solver Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Ben
England
flag msg tools
Like many gamers on this site our experience of Versaille started positive but ended badly. With 8 spaces left in the construction area no player had a playable tile and there were no legally placeable tiles in the display at the Architect Guild.

2 suggestions;

1. To improve flow of worker and prevent clogging. The double movement tile can be used to move 2 workers one different place but you must chose only one location to activate.

2. Architects Guild. 2 workers and give up 2x gold allows to chose a tile from the supply pile. If this is carried out the bottom 2 tiles from the display would be disguarded, slide down and restock as per rules. Advantage of this, reduce the chance of having non playable tiles.

Feedback would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I preferred shortening the game: Is the kings-track 20% too long

There is a 'reset the tiles' selection.

I don't think I would want to give options to circumvent the rondel. I think its challenge is important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Ben
England
flag msg tools
Reset the tiles selection! Where?
I agree with making adjustment to Kings Track. Possibly 2 spaces per visit or for each worker visit.
My idea with the option of using double movement tiles to move 2 worker 1 space and activate 1 location helps with congestion. If a player has committed 3+ workers to the construction site it can be 3 moves before they can be back collecting resources or tiles whereas my option allows development in other areas simultaneously building on each turn. It does work very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay... life happened.

"Reset" is probably wrong. The Architects' Guild has the selection:
"A player may remove one or three Palace Tiles from the display. Removing a single Palace Tile requires one worker. Removing three Palace Tiles requires two workers. All remaining Palace Tiles are immediately moved down after this action is performed."

It doesn't refill for 'your own immediate availability-to-purchase' but it clears the tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Ben
England
flag msg tools
Reply from designer.
Hi,

I am on board with both options, however I would suggest a cost of 1 gold + 1 wood + 1 marble instead of 2 gold.

Best regards,

Andrei

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.