Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering how the Curzon line works. I checked the FAQ and the rest of the rules forum, but couldn't find clarification.

6.3 Political Crisis says "Some fronts trigger loss of one political point when they advance into Petrograd or Kiev or cross the Curzon Line."

The rules then reference 10.2, which, in the section describing the Curzon Line, says "for the remainder of the game, all your offensives against the Poland front while it occupies its box #3 (Lvov), costs you 1 political point."

Do you only lose the political point when you attack Poland while it's in the 3 box, or do you also lose it when Poland advances from 3 (Lvov) to 2 (Zhitomir)?

6.3 seems to imply that you lose a point each time Poland crosses the Curzon Line, but 10.2 makes no mention of this, merely saying that you incur this penalty when you attack the Polish front while it is in the 3 box.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you only lose the political point when you attack Poland while it's in the 3 box, or do you also lose it when Poland advances from 3 (Lvov) to 2 (Zhitomir)?

I believe the answer is both. These things only happen after card #51 comes out though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joseph -- I suspected as much, but was a little confused that the part of the rules explaining the event leaves out the bit about the Poles crossing the line.

Thanks and happy gaming...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Leviloff
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
No. You only lose a political level when you attack a Polish army in space 3. There is no political loss if the Polish Front merely advances into Space 3.

Keep in mind there is a card out there that advances the Poles two spaces (Great Polish War- if memory serves me), so it can get quite dodgy if you chose to ignore the Poles.

Onwards, Comrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Darin,

Thanks for your reply. Why then does rule 6.3 refer to the Polish army crossing the Curzon Line? Not doubting your answer of course, it's just that the rules definitely make it sound like you would lose a point in that situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crassus wrote:
No. You only lose a political level when you attack a Polish army in space 3. There is no political loss if the Polish Front merely advances into Space 3.

Keep in mind there is a card out there that advances the Poles two spaces (Great Polish War- if memory serves me), so it can get quite dodgy if you chose to ignore the Poles.

Onwards, Comrades.

Right but rule 6.3 does say you lose a point when Poland crosses the Curzin Line. The original question was do you lose a point for attacking the polish army in box 3 which is yes and also do you lose a point when it advances from space 3 to space 2 which is also yes according to the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.