Subject: Rules Questions: Purchasing Upgrades/Treasures and Advisors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Howdy, y'all! I keep rereading the rules and finding new things each time. I hadn't noticed some of these before. Let me know what you think and/or if it's already been answered.

1. Pg. 15 states, "You may spend one good of the same color as the upgrade to reduce the cost by 8 gold. The good must be in the same region as the ship to be upgraded, either in a warehouse or on a ship." I noticed for the first time that it explicitly says 'one' good. Does this mean (barring any advisors) that you can only, at most, reduce the cost by 8 for upgrades and treasures? I had first assumed that you could use as many goods as you want for 8 gold discounted each...

2. Pg. 13 states, "After you have finished hiring, refill the forum from the top of the advisor deck." This is simple, unless you can buy multiple advisors, like with the Library building. Do I only refill the forum once I have finished ALL of my hiring, or does each purchase immediately get replaced?

Thanks, friends!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pillow
United Kingdom
Worcester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) only one good per upgrade. Think of any remainding cost as paying for labour.

2) After selecting all of your advisors refresh the pool. You only get to choose what is available at the start of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
1) on page 13 it says exactly one good.

2) If you are going to hire another advisor, you haven't finished hiring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Excellent. Thanks, folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
pillinjer wrote:
1) only one good per upgrade. Think of any remainding cost as paying for labour.

2) After selecting all of your advisors refresh the pool. You only get to choose what is available at the start of your turn.

correct, thanks folks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.