1 , 2  Next »   | 

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Statistics / Submit your plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Submit your sessions using the form to contribute to the overall statistics for the game

Submit a play
View statistics

Please post any suggestions, issues or thoughts in the thread.

(Thanks to kungfro for the Eldritch Horror, Elder Sign and other such versions!)
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The form and a very basic 'overview' of plays are now available. Once we have a few more submissions I'll improve the reporting! Happy gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Added my play times and helping to bump the thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated today with basic investigator stats.

Also added a new result for 'Unable to complete' the game due to the app crashing. soblue I still need to filter this out of some of the other statistics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
v3: Results chart, timings, filtering out 'crashed' plays from stats

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Submitted my play. Thanks for doing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
Submitted my play. Thanks for doing this.

A pleasure, thanks for submitting. More updates coming when I get the chance =]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
v5: Basic player statistics added too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Anglemark
Sweden
Storvreta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MaelstromUK wrote:

I've added my three games. It feels very heartening to see that virtually nobody else has survived Innsmouth either! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jophan wrote:
MaelstromUK wrote:

I've added my three games. It feels very heartening to see that virtually nobody else has survived Innsmouth either! laugh

You'd have thought someone would have noticed all these missing investigators...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Anglemark
Sweden
Storvreta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MaelstromUK wrote:
Submit your sessions using the form to contribute to the overall statistics for the game

Some contributors leave the time field empty. Is this affecting the average? I assume it is. If so, could you fill out those empty fields with the current average, just to make the average figure more accurate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi =] I haven't made an average play time statistic on the sheet yet. I thought that this should be done per scenario, when I get around to implementing it.

Since the scenarios are deliberately different lengths I didn't see much benefit in adding an overall average play time.

I'll certainly filter out the blank values on play time as and when I get around to implementing those statistics though =] Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Anglemark
Sweden
Storvreta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the Investigator tab, there does not seem to be much of a correlation between investigators and success. The ones who have been used the most, all end up fairly close to the expected average of successes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jophan wrote:
Looking at the Investigator tab, there does not seem to be much of a correlation between investigators and success. The ones who have been used the most, all end up fairly close to the expected average of successes.

Yup. I'd hope to find them all fairly well balanced, especially when the sample increases.

But again, it would be interesting to run this per scenario. I'm sure some investigators will be better, or worse, at certain scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, the app lists the tile replacement sets separately, so I've added them as separate 'expansions' on the form. The new adventures are also in.

(This might disturb the spreadsheet a bit, but I'll fix up any gremlins once results start coming in)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoibs
Australia
Sunshine Coast
QLD
flag msg tools
The 'insane' investigator question is odd.
This need a basic 'Won, along with the party' option.
Guess I'll leave it blank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stoibs, yes that's fine to leave it blank if nothing applies. The question is designed to catch 'special' exceptions that can occur with insane investigators (ie: in case one turns against the rest of the party).

v7 - I hope I've clarified this question by adding some help text. And I've fixed a bug where the new scenario play counts and successes weren't appearing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
v8 - Added a couple more stats, and started work on deeper scenario statistics. Google sheets is not my forté though it seems ;]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
v9 - Added a graph for frequency of party size, statistic for average play time for each scenario. Also added a new question in an attempt to quantify the 'fun' of each scenario later on.

Obviously adding a new quotation broke all the formulas, but I've fixed that up now (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
v10 - Finally got the 'average rating' statistic for each scenario up and running

Thanks for all the submissions everyone! Keep them rolling in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
What about partial victories? Some investigators won, while others lost (insane)? I mean if you want to set the place on fire or are a traitor I can understand that the party won. But if you need an extra to win, like most evidence or get killed while winning, is it a partial victory for the party?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingAnus3 wrote:
What about partial victories? Some investigators won, while others lost (insane)? I mean if you want to set the place on fire or are a traitor I can understand that the party won. But if you need an extra to win, like most evidence or get killed while winning, is it a partial victory for the party?

Interesting, and tricky to fit into the form, since it sort of depends on the win conditions of certain insanities.

According to the rules reference: "When the investigation is complete, investigators win the game."

But what if it was completed by two insane investigators, neither of whom satisfied their win conditions? Arguably this is still a 'Victory' for the party (the ancient evil was defeated, the world saved) - even though both insane investigators actually 'lost' (a very thematic outcome!). That is how I would recommend recording it on the form anyway.

We can infer 'partial victories' from the form still - people who have logged a 'Victory' but also that an insane investigator 'Lost, despite the party winning'. So I might try to add this to the charts and stats =] Thanks for the comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
owen sullivan
United States
Ellisville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you differentiate the colors more in the graph? It's bad for color blind people right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, sorry for the delay in responding! I've tried to increase the contrast a bit in the pie chart. Unfortunately Google Sheets won't let me label the segments directly, or use a patterned fill for them.

In the mean time the data table is still available, and I'll take a look at a different chart format as pie charts don't strike me as being very accessible generally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Zakrzewski
msg tools
mb
I would love to see what is the breakdown of wins per team size as it seems the game is more difficult the less investigators there are, but maybe that's just my impression.

Also, I have mistakenly put hours of play instead of minutes for the 2 of my plays. Hope you will spot it and correct. Sorry. :) Nckname: Zaki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.