10 Posts

Cacao» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jungle Tile Actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miriam Vogler
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi! I purchased the game yesterday and what I don't understand is why it states in the rules on page 4 under c) Carry out jungle tile actions, that if jungle spaces had been filled during the current turn, now the adjacent workers of the respective other players were activated as well?
Why does it not just say:" Now the adjacent workers of the respective other players are activated as well."? Because we are in c - right? And c only happens after b (fill jungle spaces). So, there should not be an "if", because when I am in action c there was b before and thus jungle spaces had been filled.

Or did I miss something?
As I understood I can only activate workers, when jungle spaces had been filled beforehand. That is why, the red player in the example of the rules, could not harvest 2 cacao beans and sell one of them for 2 gold when he first played his worker tile - right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rules in front of me, so not entirely sure if you're quoting them correctly, but remember that jungle tiles aren't filled in on every turn. So the "if" in "if jungle spaces had been filled" is entirely apt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miriam Vogler
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for your reply. Just let me summarize quickly to see if I understand the rules right...
There are 3 possible actions in a defined order:
1. The player has to place one worker tile (so far nothing further happens).
If, and only if, by the placing of the tile, there are now two worker tiles adjacent to one unoccupied jungle space, then the second action is triggered:
2. Fill jungle space. The fullfilling of the second action now triggers the third action:
3. Carry out jungle tile actions.

This together means that, when by placing a worker tile, the second action is not triggerd, also the third action is not triggered, so I don't get to use my workers for now. It can only happen that later on, through the placing of a jungle card, a former worker tile is activated, but then only the worker/workers that is/are adjacent to the jungle tile are activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You carry out c) anyway, even if no jungle spaces have been filled up during b). So in this case only the active player activates the workers on the worker tile he just placed.

This means the red player in the example harvested 2 cacao beans and probably sold 1 of them for 2 gold in his previous turn. There is no example text to it at a) because at that point you don't know the rules for activating your workers yet.

At b) we already look at the yellow players turn to create an example with filling up a jungle space – which is not required to activate workers later in c).

I hope this helps. Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
Don't have the rules in front of me, so not entirely sure if you're quoting them correctly...

The Files or Web Links modules on any game's main BGG page will often offer confidence right at your finger tips.

/filepage/112775/cacao-rules-english

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Gawain wrote:
Don't have the rules in front of me, so not entirely sure if you're quoting them correctly...

The Files or Web Links modules on any game's main BGG page will often offer confidence right at your finger tips.

/filepage/112775/cacao-rules-english

Yeah, but my phone isn't too happy with zip files

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miriam Vogler
Germany
flag msg tools
Yeah, it helped. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:

Oh well. Maybe someday it will grow up to be a real computer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Gawain wrote:

Oh well. Maybe someday it will grow up to be a real computer.
That would be neat! I hope it doesn't happen while I'm on the buss to work, though ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ABACUSSPIELE wrote:
You carry out c) anyway, even if no jungle spaces have been filled up during b).

I am reinforcing this with a quote from the rules that just focuses on the headings (with my highlight).

A GAME TURN
On your turn, you have to carry out the following steps in the order indicated:

A) Place 1 worker tile
B) Fill jungle spaces
C) Carry out jungle tile actions

Item B does contain "if" statements. Item C stands independently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.