Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules D
United Kingdom
Annan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if Fantasy Flight Games are going to produce blisters of extra dice, like they've done with other games? Would really like some extra packs to speed up the flow of the game. Found this especially the case with a first time attempt with four players last night. Previously, i've only completed it with two.

cheers

Julian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
Unfortunately I do not know when (or if) FFG is going to produce blisters of extra dice for Mansions of Madness.

I would also prefer to have extra dice as I find specialty dice a pain if you cannot buy extras because I hate passing dice around during play. I wish FFG had a policy that if they included specialty dice in a game they would always allow you to purchase extra dice starting on the day the game is released but alas, they do not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Anglemark
Sweden
Storvreta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will use regular eight-sided dice (1-3 blank; 4-5 investigation; 6-8 success). But of course I would prefer another set of custom MoM dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan M. K.
Denmark
flag msg tools
I believe the rules State that the number of dice (5) limits your stats. Correct me if I am wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Alnazarin wrote:
I believe the rules State that the number of dice (5) limits your stats. Correct me if I am wrong...

No, this is not correct. You can roll as many dice as you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure they'll have extra dice or an app at some point. You could use X-Wing miniatures defense dice. They have sides of 3 evade (success), 2 focus (investigation), and 3 blank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's FFG, it won't be long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
I am still waiting for them to release extra dice for Star Wars: Rebellion. There is no guarantee they will do so for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They tend not to release dice packs for non-collectable games. I think Descent has been the only exception, and at least in that game the dice are all different, so it makes a little more sense. The dice in MoM are all the same, so you can just grab the ones closest to you.

To be honest, I never understand the idea of needing more dice to speed things up. Do you guys sit on your dice to keep them warm, or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Anglemark
Sweden
Storvreta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
They tend not to release dice packs for non-collectable games. I think Descent has been the only exception, and at least in that game the dice are all different, so it makes a little more sense. The dice in MoM are all the same, so you can just grab the ones closest to you.

To be honest, I never understand the idea of needing more dice to speed things up. Do you guys sit on your dice to keep them warm, or what?

1. Big table and there's always one or two slackers who keep the dice by their side after having rolled them.
2. When you have five in a stat and get extra dice to roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

They make dice packs for Imperial Assault, X-Wing, Star Wars RPG, Armada, Battlelore, and Arkham Horror. For the most part all those packs have different dice, but the Arkham horror ones are just fancy looking d6s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ICE 0ne wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

They make dice packs for Imperial Assault, X-Wing, Star Wars RPG, Armada, Battlelore, and Arkham Horror. For the most part all those packs have different dice, but the Arkham horror ones are just fancy looking d6s.

I did specifically say "for non-collectable games", and most of the games you've listed there are collectable.

Arkham Horror is another exception, but the base game just uses standard D6s so if you're having trouble finding more of those then I'm afraid I can't help you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
bleached_lizard wrote:
ICE 0ne wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

I did specifically say "for non-collectable games", and most of the games you've listed there are collectable.

Arkham Horror is another exception, but the base game just uses standard D6s so if you're having trouble finding more of those then I'm afraid I can't help you!

FFG also don't make the Arkham dice, they're a licensed product from Q Workshop. I'd hope Q maybe look at making some similar dice for MoM2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Alnazarin wrote:

Don't be silly. How will they sell extra dice with that rule?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Chessex has blank dice, $.50 each: http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Specialty%20Dice/blank.htm

Get some stickers, and you should be set!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

Chessex has blank dice

That's what I used. I bought a 10-pack on Amazon for about $8 including shipping. I used my acrylic paint from my miniature stuff, but then realized that I would need to prime the dice first and I was unwilling to go to that effort, so I used permanent markers instead.

I used all different colors because I was experimenting with what I liked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.