Support:

Kamil Łukasik
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The online manual for the game says:
Quote:
At the end of the game, the player who has placed the most cubes on this activity earns 9 VPs; second earns 6 VPs, and third earns 3 VPs. In the case of a tie, the tied players split the VPs of the corresponding ranks (round down).

But the VPs on the tile are as follows: 8/4/2 VPs

Which numbers are correct?

By the way - if 3 players have 3 cubes on this activity (which means they are tied for the first place) and the 4th player has only two cubes, how are the VPs split? You add the VPs from the 3 ranks and divide them by 3? (in which case the 4th player receives nothing?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
warlock000 wrote:
The online manual for the game says:
Quote:
At the end of the game, the player who has placed the most cubes on this activity earns 9 VPs; second earns 6 VPs, and third earns 3 VPs. In the case of a tie, the tied players split the VPs of the corresponding ranks (round down).

But the VPs on the tile are as follows: 8/4/2 VPs

Which numbers are correct?

By the way - if 3 players have 3 cubes on this activity (which means they are tied for the first place) and the 4th player has only two cubes, how are the VPs split? You add the VPs from the 3 ranks and divide them by 3? (in which case the 4th player receives nothing?)

I would use the value on the tile. It's my guess that the tile was changed after the rulebook was sent off to print or they just forgot to update it. The tile was probably changed for balancing purposes later in development.

As for the 3 players tied for 1st-3rd, you have it correct. They would all evenly split the points. The 4th player would get nothing. In fact, anytime all 4 players have cubes on this tile, the player with the lowest amount gets nothing. It doesn't matter what they have relative to the other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Norge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take the tile values.

You are correct in case of the tie: three tied players should get (8+4+2)/3 = 4 VPs. The 4th player gets nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil Łukasik
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:

In fact, anytime all 4 players have cubes on this tile, the player with the lowest amount gets nothing. It doesn't matter what they have relative to the other players.

Are you sure?
- Player 1 has 3 cubes
- Player 2 has 2 cubes
- Players 3 and 4 have 1 cube

My understanding is that Players 3 and 4 split 2 VPs for the 3rd place (so each gains 1 VP).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
warlock000 wrote:
DoomTurtle wrote:

In fact, anytime all 4 players have cubes on this tile, the player with the lowest amount gets nothing. It doesn't matter what they have relative to the other players.

Are you sure?
- Player 1 has 3 cubes
- Player 2 has 2 cubes
- Players 3 and 4 have 1 cube

My understanding is that Players 3 and 4 split 2 VPs for the 3rd place (so each gains 1 VP).

Well yeah, in that case, there is no single player with the lowest amount. What I'm saying is if there is one player that is lower than everyone else, they would get nothing, even in your example. It doesn't matter if he has the second largest amount. If one player is lowest (out of 4), they get 0 from the tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil Łukasik
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Right . Thank you guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.