48.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SO i stumbled on a target sale and grabbed multiple copies of the game.
Do i really need them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Give them to your friends to keep the game going. At this point, there are only elite squads, of which there can be no more than one per army. Same for each hero and planeswalker. There is a suggestion of "common squads" to arrive at some future date, and the name suggests there might be multiple copies of these allowed. Likewise, only one copy of each spell card is allowed per deck.

I appreciate these limitations. It keeps variety in the game play, as opposed to "power builds", and is easy on the pocketbook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus-Gunther Herzog
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... a 2nd copy was handy just for having the extra dice, hit counters, and hill hexes. But then, Innistrad came out, so nevermind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Targanth Phelandir
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you you are planning to play with a group of people and there is only 1 game set, there are limited options for you. For example, you can't have a mirror match (Green vs Green). If you decide to add an expansion (Zendikar) or the new Innistrad set, then you have added deck and army building options. The expansions have multi-color Planeswalkers. Zendikar adds only 3 cards of each color, so with a single set master set and Zendikar, Kiora can only be played if no one plays either Blue or Green.

So for me, the answer is this: No PLAYER needs more than one set. However, a game GROUP does need more than one set among them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up an extra copy of the starter set for the spells. If multiple people have planeswalkers of the same colors, I want them to have access to those spells as they mostly strongly support their color nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dual colored plains walkers benefit greatly from an extra copy of everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing one game, I knew this game needed two copies, in case someone wants to play multicolored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.