Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Bolin
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up the base game and this expansion at GenCon and was going through the components when I noticed there was a reference card for Swashbuckler and reference cards for the Journeyman upgrades for the 5 base classes, but not for the Pirate. There's a deck and a token to upgrade the Swashbuckler, but no reference card.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Was hesitant to ask since I haven't actually started playing yet or even fully digested the rules, but it seemed weird, and the Swashbuckler is the one I'm most excited about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the KS Backers haven't received their copies yet, so information is limited.

If I remember correctly, there's no mention a reference card for the Pirate (Swashbuckler journeyman) in the unboxing video. There should be a new cardboard token for the new class (to put in the corner of your character board), but maybe the Pirate isn't different enough to warrant an additional reference card like the other classes that can go light side/dark side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Bolin
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That could be. The token is definitely there. I wasn't sure how the characters upgrade between novice and journeyman yet, it just looked funny that there were novice and journeyman reference cards for the original 5 but only one card for the Swashbuckler. I'll take another look tonight.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this helps, but this was an update during the Kickstarter that listed the contents of the two Journeyman boxes.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-journey...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Bolin
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... It doesn't answer my first question really. The numbers it shows line up with the non-reference Hero cards and it doesn't mention the reference cards (other than the reference cards for the item set cards) anywhere. It does list "7 Monster Cards" and I only have 5 though. There's only one "Anunkara" card in my deck. Maybe two of them were only for Kickstarters?

I think I'm getting paranoid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kjbolin wrote:
Hmmm... It doesn't answer my first question really. The numbers it shows line up with the non-reference Hero cards and it doesn't mention the reference cards (other than the reference cards for the item set cards) anywhere. It does list "7 Monster Cards" and I only have 5 though. There's only one "Anunkara" card in my deck. Maybe two of them were only for Kickstarters?

I think I'm getting paranoid.

I received both expansions from the Kickstarter and neither of the "expansion base heroes" have reference cards like the original 5 base heroes for the Journeyman progression.

Edit: It could be that because the heroes in the expansions can only go one direction (light for Swashbuckler or dark for Outsider) they felt no explanation was needed for the choice? That's my guess. Still would have been nice for consistency. We'll know for sure when we see the Journeyman classes for the expansion heroes like Spriggan, Trickster, Skald, Hunter, Alchemist, and Monk - as they will only have one option as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.