6 Posts

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scientific Cooperation pay 2 or 3 less? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moglok TheFroglok
Australia
flag msg tools
The pact: Scientific Cooperation says pay 2 science less to develop a technology, and the other person pays 1.

I'm assuming that the 1 paid by the other person doesn't mean that therefor, to research a technology worth 6, first it costs 4 instead, 1 of that cost is then paid by the player who pays 1, so the player researching it only actually pays 3. I am assuming this is not how the card is intended to work, as it seemed very overpowered in my game tonight.

I assume that instead, he would only recieve a 2 discount.

The confusion comes from the wording of the pact card: opponent 'pays 1' rather than 'loses 1' science.

Am i right to think that the player researching a technology only recieves a 2 discount, not a 3 discount?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are correct. You pay 4, your pactmate pays 1. Total payment is 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:

And if the pactmate does not have the one science, you cannot play the technology card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Charlap
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliallison wrote:
dkeisen wrote:

And if the pactmate does not have the one science, you cannot play the technology card.

Which means that if you are not in the pact, and you can steal the science of one of them (via aggression), neither can discover anything for a full round devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qurqirish Dragon wrote:
aliallison wrote:
dkeisen wrote:

Which means that if you are not in the pact, and you can steal the science of one of them (via aggression), neither can discover anything for a full round devil

*or just one of them, depending on turn order and which of them you steal from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Rymanowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
grant5 wrote:
Qurqirish Dragon wrote:
aliallison wrote:
dkeisen wrote:

Which means that if you are not in the pact, and you can steal the science of one of them (via aggression), neither can discover anything for a full round :devil:

*or just one of them, depending on turn order and which of them you steal from.

Or he can just break the pact in Political Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.