Subject: Any genCon news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone who went to Gencon, did FFP say anything about new expansions or Fortune and Glory?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't say anything about new expansions, but they did have all expansions for sale in the booth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just that after announcing the new Shadows of Brimstone stuff they said they hadn't forgotten their other games and they're still working on stuff and look out for announcements/products next year. (Especially it being the 10th anniversary of Last Night on Earth.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frantic Ferret wrote:
Didn't say anything about new expansions, but they did have all expansions for sale in the booth.

Well, I'm hoping this means they do have more of the expansions finally in stock... as getting hold of one for less than a small fortune has been nigh on impossible. Hope they become more available soon

Steve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to see new expansions for it. This game is a gem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Robey
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:
I really want to see new expansions for it. This game is a gem.

I couldn't agree more! I would love to see another expansion for Fortune & Glory. I liked what they did with the Order of the Crimson Hand expansion, adding a fairly involved system. It would be cool if they gave the Mob a second pass, giving them more interesting interactions. Perhaps building off the Docks system they added in Fortune Hunters. I'd even take another card pack with more dangers and gear/allies.

What would y'all want to see from a F&G expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mb
I really like having the new heroes, I didnt get rise of the crimson hand yet since I dont tend to use vile organisations much.

We need more nazi villains though, mobsters have five and nazi's only get three.

So my ideal expansion would add both nazi villains and heroes. A nazi scientist could be neat. And maybe some sort of grim tough commander, the kind that might do some torturing.

As for heroes.. we'd need more pulp heroes with nice starting positions.

An archeologist might be fitting, surprisingly enough we dont have one yet.

A liberal german adventurer could be interesting. A wealthy young man who might be an art collector of sorts, who fled germany and is eager to fight the nazi regime.

A mysterious arab who is part of some group of sacred defenders of ancient artefacts or such seems fitting too, its another adventure trope. Usually its a woman in stories.

A scandinavian mountain climber could also be neat. Could get bonus dice on climbing tests and locations with mountains.

But other than heroes and villains.. let's see.. should be a new gameplay element too that enriches the experience and does not bogg it down...

Maybe a curse element could be added? When picking up an artefact, you could have to roll a D6.
4-6 could mean its not cursed. 1 could be a serious curse, and 2 a minor curse.

Minor curse could prevent you from healing as long as you have the artefact in your possesion.

Serious curse could force you to draw an enemies card at the start of each of your turns, as long as you have the artefact in your possesion.

Expansion could also include some cards that allow players to inflict a curse on another player their artefact. This could even allow for different curses. Could also be an ally that prevents all curses, you wouldnt even need to roll for it when recovering an artefact then.

OR maybe there could simply be a new curse deck, and in other decks cards could be added that prompt you to draw from the curse deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the content in the Files section.

I have done 4 new Heroes - including an archaeologist, a master magician, a gumshoe and a vigilante.

I have also done curses - see my 'mysteries' cards for a take on what you wanted.

Plus lots, lots more....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.