Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My PBEM partner and I are having some trouble with the VASSAL module. First game everything worked perfectly, second game we had trouble with one or two units. Now on our third game, we are having trouble with many units.

The trouble is, sometimes when attacking a unit, it won't reveal itself when selected as the target (and yes, we both have our preferences set in VASSAL to allow our opponent to reveal our units). So HFR goes from the perfect PBEM game to a slow drag as you have to send the log back to your opponent and have him CTRL-M to unmask the target.

Anyone else have this problem? Or better yet, have a solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend and I play HF:R using the Vassal module and Skype.
So we are online while playing, not pbem.

Unfortuantely we have made the same experience. Sometimes the units are not revealed and the opponent has to reveal them unit manually.

If this problem occurs the first time in a game, then it will happen until the last turn. shake

Furthermore the +2 points for the Russians beginning in 1942 are not added.
You have to do this manually.

I send an email to the author of this game without any reaction until now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have both reinstalled the VASSAL module and are hoping that might help. So far we've only play half a turn after the reinstall, but no glitches on the side that did the first reinstall, so hopefully it cleared something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.