The Networks» Forums » Rules

Subject: Burning Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
First up let me just say what an awesome game this is, and congratulations to Gil, you deserve all the accolades coming your way.

Just a quick question around burning cards if anyone can help please. In the solo version of the game, if you're unable to burn a card because there are none left in the specific pool or only the last Drop & Budget space remains, you put a cube into a space on the turn order track.

My question is, what if you are unable to burn a card in a two player game for similar reasons, is there any penalty? I can't seem to find a mention of it in the rules, therefore we have just been burning the cards we're able to from the appropriate pools. Is this the correct way?

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
First up let me just say what an awesome game this is, and congratulations to Gil, you deserve all the accolades coming your way.

Just a quick question around burning cards if anyone can help please. In the solo version of the game, if you're unable to burn a card because there are none left in the specific pool or only the last Drop & Budget space remains, you put a cube into a space on the turn order track.

My question is, what if you are unable to burn a card in a two player game for similar reasons, is there any penalty? I can't seem to find a mention of it in the rules, therefore we have just been burning the cards we're able to from the appropriate pools. Is this the correct way?

Many thanks.

I don't think that there is. The purpose is to continue to restrict the choices that the actual players have and provide time pressure. Since the two players are competing against each other, they also provide some of this pressure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow, thanks for the quick response John.

Yeah, I kinda thought this was the correct way of playing, but I just wanted to check that I wasn't missing anything obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tal342 wrote:
I don't think that there is. The purpose is to continue to restrict the choices that the actual players have and provide time pressure. Since the two players are competing against each other, they also provide some of this pressure.

John is completely correct, there is no penalty for being unable to fulfill a burn in a 2p game. It's just in the 1p game.

Thank you for the kind words!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gil, I am pretty sure I have this correct. You place a cube for anything on the card you cannot burn, correct? For instance, if on one card there are two things you cannot do, you place 2 cubes, or is it just one? Is there a one cube limit per card, or the other interpretation I thought of was that you place a cube only if there is nothing you can burn on the card- ie.as long as you can burn one thing, you don't need to place a cube.

This is a solo session.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonbaz77 wrote:
Gil, I am pretty sure I have this correct. You place a cube for anything on the card you cannot burn, correct? For instance, if on one card there are two things you cannot do, you place 2 cubes, or is it just one? Is there a one cube limit per card, or the other interpretation I thought of was that you place a cube only if there is nothing you can burn on the card- ie.as long as you can burn one thing, you don't need to place a cube.

This is a solo session.

Thanks

If there's two things you can't do, you place 2 cubes.

If there's something you can burn and something you can't on the card, you still add 1 cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Gil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.