Bios: Genesis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Theia Big Whack - shield icon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theia Big Whack event (card 41, vassal) has a unique "cosmic shield" icon that doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. Any idea what it means?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic refugia are immune to the smite event. Perhaps that is what the shield signifies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gar0u wrote:
Cosmic refugia are immune to the smite event. Perhaps that is what the shield signifies?

Mars Paleo-Ocean is the only cosmic refugium that isn't immune to smite usually, but it is immune during the Whack. I believe that's what the shield icon signifies: all cosmic refugia are immune, even MPO. There's a similar shield on Gaia Ozone Layer, to indicate UV immunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking about it, nothing seems to specifically point to just smite imunity (and there already is an icon for that).

The cosmic shield icon is followed by 3x smite and 2x extremophile.
It could therefore also mean protection from the extremophile events (for organisms coming from Cosmic row).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the same question during development. I didn't get a definitive answer. There must be something that gave grounds to put it there. Love to here what it was from Phil or Karim.

So as for as my knowledge goes, the icon is meaningless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NoDDs wrote:
So as for as my knowledge goes, the icon is meaningless.

I had thought the line from J2 stating that cosmic refugia were immune was applicable, but reading again, I think it just means that the cosmic refugia in play are immune (because they're DHB and IPD.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dill wrote:
Theia Big Whack event (card 41, vassal) has a unique "cosmic shield" icon that doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. Any idea what it means?

The original card file #41 had both an icon and a short explanation, but the explanation got edited out. Sorry about this lapse. To the Living Rules in D1, added a new bullet explaining this icon.

• The Big Whack. This aftershock has the special “Comet Shield” icon, which indicates that all Cosmic Refugia and Lifeforms are immune to the Big Whack events (since extraterrestrial things don’t care about a giant impact forming the Earth’s moon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.