hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay,
Newbie coming back and I just want to be clear
Regarding Command Span, a corp can only receive its CP to create his MU, if he's first stacks with and then stays in command of the Army Commander?

Playing Preussisch-Eylau

Meaning, Russian Sacken and/or Markov, can NOT receive their divisions CP for MU, once they've left Benningsen command span

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the Regulations and the Eylau rules, the Russian Wing commanders in Eylau have CPs to create MUs within their specific wings. They have this ability regardless of whether or not they are in the command span of the army leader. Creating a Corps-level MU (as in the French army) requires the Corps leader to be initially stacked with the army leader and to remain in the army leader's command span in subsequent turns. However, failure to remain in the army leader's span doesn't take away the CP that the corps leader generates, it just means that the corps itself can't be activated as a single MU.

The Russians and Prussians are restricted from forming an MU larger than a division, as the "wing" structure of their armies is not meant to function in the same manner as the semi-independent French corps. Therefore, there's no need for the wing leaders to stay in the command span of the Russian army leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Paul,
I understand 90%, of what your saying
I will need to read more to find where it says the Russians need NOT be in command span to retain their division level MU.
I know there are 5 available 1 Prussian and 4 Russian, 1 for Benningsen and 1 for each corp/division of those corp.
Because that is a HUGH factor in the Eylau game
Because the way I understand it is, the French can hurl a corp size assault against the Russians while the Russians can only put a division size assault agaist the French.
Me not knowing the particles to this battle is also a factor.
I guess I should at least Wiki it

AAH, 5.2.1 Command Points, I think I see it, I had to read it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.