Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: SPOILERS Kate Winthrop & Escape from Innsmouth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Does Kate break this scenario? I know from my first playthrough pre-patch that the game would tell you to move the riot off the board as it seems to be on a patrolling movement path.

Is Kate not permitted to use her Flux Stabilizer on the Riot to move it? Will this mess up the game?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
She couldn't push them off the board... but yes, she could throw off the AI when it is mapping their location. I actually played Kate the first time I played that scenario... but as I totally forgot to use the FLux Capacitor throughout the entire game it didn't cause a problem

The best solution is as you say: just don't play her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
Does Kate break this scenario? I know from my first playthrough pre-patch that the game would tell you to move the riot off the board as it seems to be on a patrolling movement path.

Is Kate not permitted to use her Flux Stabilizer on the Riot to move it? Will this mess up the game?

Thanks.

I forget what the exact wording for the Riot movement is for this scenario. Can you remind me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says to move 2 spaces TOWARD "X Tile" then explains what happens if you were in the way.

It might not matter but you could have weird situation where the riot ends up inside and gets behind the "counter" for the monster in the app and is therefore walking through building to get to a tile on the other side of the board.

Also, if you delay it from moving off the board long enough, I imagine randomly one turn it could just tell you to place the figure on X space as the mob has "returned" (probably unrealistic as the capacitor only moves the monster one space per Kate turn).

You might be able to get the monster to move AHEAD of the app and then it would suddenly reverse as it decides to move TOWARD the tile it was just on. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
She couldn't push them off the board... but yes, she could throw off the AI when it is mapping their location. I actually played Kate the first time I played that scenario... but as I totally forgot to use the FLux Capacitor throughout the entire game it didn't cause a problem

The best solution is as you say: just don't play her.

The problem is the first time you play, you won't know NOT to play her. But yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So yeah, I was just thinking about this. While the effect is cool (finally a use for the Flux Stabilizer and one of my favourite characters) - the fact that it would break the AI pathing... probably have a negative impact on the game overall.

I can't see any way in the app indicate that the stabilizer was used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.