War of the Ring (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Storage question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the best quick-time solution to storage issues? It's fine as it is but, namely, in case I decide to sleeve the cards.

I've noticed the insert hasn't been designed to include space for sleeved cards. I've found this a bit strange given the number of things Ares Games thinks about in general, especially in comparison to the Battle of Five Armies which seems as if it had been specifically designed for that purpose.

I'd also like to ask if anyone sleeves at all these cards / is it really all that necessary. This isn't a game that gets played frequently and the cards are quite big and of significant quality, also very rarely requiring shuffling (almost literally once per game, the upcoming expansion if I understand well changing that just a bit). And what are those custom "Gandalf sleeves" (do they come with custom backs?) AG had been releasing along with a card box. I've looked whether the custom box+sleeves could be acquired but it seems it is mainly out of print.

Before someone recommends getting rid of the insert I'd like to underline the box faces a not-so-infrequent transportation and the insert as it is right now keeps perfectly everything in place with no threat from the board (pieces) hypothetically squashing anything. Also, the insert for the Lords of Middle-earth expansion seems quite neat; I like how everything fits including even spaces for the individual dice; I'd hate to get rid of it unless it would really be the best option.

Come to speak of it, how do you use the space under the cards for LoME? In what way do you split the game's components between the core box and the expansion? I have removed all of the character miniatures in the game (from the Rinbearers to Treebeard) and put them into the bottom insert of the LoME, which doesn't really solve any storage issue but makes it a bit easier and quicker to find them instead of just jumbling them together along with the Army and Leader/Nazgul minis.

P. S. Does anyone use acrylic while playing this game? Just ask 'cause I've seen recommendations on the BoFA forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
I just chuck my CE/LOME in this, with the boards and rules on top. Very easy to break out and set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
I just chuck my CE/LOME in this, with the boards and rules on top. Very easy to break out and set up.

Not quite sure where I could get that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heidebrecht
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
dougadamsau wrote:

Not quite sure where I could get that.

Sporting goods store, crafting store, or perhaps an automotive store? I use two similar but smaller boxes designed to sort metal bolts, nuts, and washers.

Throw the insert away - bag the armies and cards if need be, but I would suggest using containers like the one above, then sleeve and bag the cards, or find a container that fits them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are good quality. So, since you said you will play the game infrequently, I wouldn't bother sleeving them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:

In Australia there are found at Bunnings hardware stores - the brand is Tactix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have been playing the game a bit over a year and haven't been sleeving the cards. I don't think it is a problem for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just sleeved the cards; turns out there's more space than I had expected. The LoME is slightly overfilling but it doesn't have a big overlapping board anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
macccca mack
United Kingdom
Staines upon Thames
Middlesex
flag msg tools
dougadamsau wrote:

Chuck, CHUCK!
Master Hobbit, one does not just chuck the pieces. One places them into the boxes with care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.