Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no interest in Haster, but are the additional spells, items or monsters worth adding to the base game? I have all the expansions save this and the latest big box, but I'm unsure whether this is particularly exciting.

Should I take the lack of reviews as indicative of the level of excite this inspired?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if you go watch an unboxing video, you can more or less see the contents of the game for yourself. I haven't had a chance to play with the new stuff yet but I'm expecting more of the same. The unique items are mostly allies (rare) and tasks (which isn't super necessary since the list of tasks is already quite large now).

The Talents mostly duplicate effects already in the game (I think there is one called evasive or something, and its similar to mists of releh). Spells are nothing too special, one of them is similar to the glamour that lets you move two spaces (astral travel).

There is also a new Bane condition which is helpful as to not always have the same 1-2 banes.

New investigators don't excite me that much either. 3/4 of them have to do with getting items (almost for free).

If you have everything up till now, maybe you don't need this (since you're questioning it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Need? No. This game needs the base game, probably the first expansion (because it adds content to the base game) and one expansion that adds focus (I will never play this game without focus). With that you have more than enough to enjoy Eldritch for a long time without ever repeating a single game.

But I like to add all the expansions and this one has some flavour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dande313
msg tools
Outside of Hastur, this expansion adds very little "new". Mostly, it just adds more of what you've seen before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the tommy gun in this expansion. The weapon that's literally advertised on the front of the base game.

Finally playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.