Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Murphy
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Though it pains me to say it, a big move in my family's life makes owning a large game like Brimstone unreasonable... So I'm beginning to consider how best to start letting it go.

The two base sets are all assembled and painted up (some posted to the forum). The 1.5 wave is assembled. I have brimstone shards and a couple dice sets. All the extras are ordered for wave 2.

So to any of you who have experience in selling board games, do you think it more reasonable to try to sell the whole lot, or dole it out in pieces?

Any advice? I'm feeling a bit intimidated by the prospect...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it pains me to say it but i think i am in the same position. i believe there are 2 methods. you can sell it at a lot, at a huge discount. thats easier but not as profitable. or you can dole it out individually which will net you more but require more work.

i would be interested in any more specific advice as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can I buy the 4 core promo cards from either of you?

Those would be:
Tomb Chest
Saxton's Fancy Tonic
Bandana
Outlaw Pistol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Heck, if you've already gotten your Wave 1.5, I'll be more than happy to buy your future Wave 2 stuff! Send me a personal message, please, if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Regarding sales advice: you'll likely make more money selling pieces individually.
But itll be easier on you to sell it as one big lot.

I still want your promos though :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Harrison
United States
Riverton
NJ
flag msg tools
Killing myself for not getting the dice during the Kickstarter. If you do decide to split things up, I'd totally be interested in yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And the feeding frenzy begins...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Steele
msg tools
mbmbmb
Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for selling that hasn't already been offered.

That being said, I would also be interested in buying all or part of someone's pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I grabbed a set of the gunslinger dice on ebay. They are the worst balanced dice I've ever used although I'm sure not all sets are like that. However, a while back somebody indicated Gang Fight Games, and I grabbed the two sets from them

http://store.gangfightgames.com/blackwater-gulch/terrain-hob...

They are very nice and better balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The worlds most popular auction site is where I bought mine. I found the game too late and liked it a lot so I bought a Kickstarter lot on eBay and was very glad I did. It even came painted pretty well, though I may get round to repainting some models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies and PMs.

One of the struggles I'm having is over price. Would 1/2 retail seem appropriate? What about the painted sets?

(I'll be responding to the individual offers over the weekend, so please don't think I'm ignoring you. It's just the beginning of the school year and I'm quite busy )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You could set up a Geek Auction with entries for each piece that might be for sale separately. Then those that are interested might have a chance at picking up multiple parts of your set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd love to see the Geek Auction thing going, or otherwise pieced out if that's manageable. I know I'd be interested in certain parts but no way can afford the entire offering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geek Auction seems to be the best fit for me. Unless someone gives me an incredible offer for the lot, I'd rather just parcel the items out in pieces.

It will likely be a few months before I am in a place to start that up. I need to separate all the bits, take pictures, and receive a few replacement parts from FFP that were missing from my wave 1.5. And there's also my real job.

I'll update here and send GMs to those who messaged me when I'm closer to a sell date.

Thanks for the advice!

Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorting and packing.

On track for an auction next September. Hard to tell if it will be mid or late in the month.

15% of the take will go to the charity of the top bidder's choice. Another 15% will go to the charity of a randomly picked bidder. A final 20% will go to Harambee Youth Training, here in Saint Louis.

Will update here and send GMs when auction is go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a large offer for the lot and sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jomurph86 wrote:
Got a large offer for the lot and sold.
how much did it sell for? What method did you use to sell it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was local for way over value (1500). He's a friend and knew we were in need of cash due to a recent medical issue. He's on BGG but didn't want to be named.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jomurph86 wrote:
It was local for way over value (1500). He's a friend and knew we were in need of cash due to a recent medical issue. He's on BGG but didn't want to be named.

hope your medical issues are not too serious. i wouldnt have asked the buyer regardless of friendship status. congrats, im looking to get rid of mine too so i was wondering. its a good game i just dont get the time i like to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
jomurph86 wrote:

congrats, im looking to get rid of mine too so i was wondering.

I assumed that's why you were asking I didn't mean to sound short

It was nothing catastrophic, but our HSA was emptied out from having our second baby, so we didn't have any money to cover an emergency appendectomy (came out of nowhere, 2 weeks ago)

If my friend hadn't made such a generous offer, I was all set to run an auction here on BGG, selling the items individually. I'd suggest that to you as the way to go. I imagine it would have made somewhere between $700 and $1000 after shipping expenses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.