$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 92.88

6,006 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.8% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
23 
 Thumb up
 Hide
174 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Canadian Math Trade - Summer 2016 Edition - Discussion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Summer 2016 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Summer 2016 Edition - Requests


Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Thursday Aug 11th 10:00 PM EDT to Saturday Aug 20th 10:00 AM EDT

Want List Submissions: Saturday Aug 20th 10:00 AM EDT to Tuesday Aug 23rd 11:00 PM EDT

Results posted shortly thereafter.


Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate entry and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage is NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

Each Gift Certificate recipient is required to pay any and all fees due to BGG. Check out the following link for full info: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.


%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Saturday, Aug 20th, 10:00 AM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Tuesday, Aug 23rd, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved #1
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can EVERYONE check their entries to make sure they've included game languages, conditions and editions (where applicable)? I'm getting TIRED of constantly geekmailing people to include the missing information.

Thanks.
15 
 Thumb up
0.07
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than two days remaining to get your games listed for trade. If you know of any geeks who don't know about this trade (or are procrastinating), get them to get their games listed.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will not be a leftovers trade will there? Doesnt seem to be a lot of activity in this trade
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. This trade is it.

shooshoo wrote:
There will not be a leftovers trade will there? Doesnt seem to be a lot of activity in this trade
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't really paid too much attention to the stats in previous trades. Are the numbers down for this trade?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on previous trades we should have around 1500 items up for trade. But there still are 1.5 days to go.

iamrubocop wrote:
I haven't really paid too much attention to the stats in previous trades. Are the numbers down for this trade?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

This is my first trade and I was wondering if there was any advice people could give regarding the want list creation. Naturally there are some items on the math trade list I am more interested in than others.

Am I better off leaving off any games I have a mild interest in and only populating my want list with those game I have a high interest in? Or should I do more items instead (obviously not going to the extreme of adding games just for the sake of adding them)?

Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Hello,

This is my first trade and I was wondering if there was any advice people could give regarding the want list creation. Naturally there are some items on the math trade list I am more interested in than others.

Am I better off leaving off any games I have a mild interest in and only populating my want list with those game I have a high interest in? Or should I do more items instead (obviously not going to the extreme of adding games just for the sake of adding them)?

Thanks


You should add all the items first.

Then in the cross-match step you should think hard about which games you'd trade for which games at each intersection point. If you wouldn't make a specific trade (+ shipping) then uncheck that box.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaltmanJ wrote:
venrondua wrote:
Hello,

This is my first trade and I was wondering if there was any advice people could give regarding the want list creation. Naturally there are some items on the math trade list I am more interested in than others.

Am I better off leaving off any games I have a mild interest in and only populating my want list with those game I have a high interest in? Or should I do more items instead (obviously not going to the extreme of adding games just for the sake of adding them)?

Thanks


You should add all the items first.

Then in the cross-match step you should think hard about which games you'd trade for which games at each intersection point. If you wouldn't make a specific trade (+ shipping) then uncheck that box.


Thanks for the reply
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When choosing your wants you should ASSUME that the trade will go through. For example you should think... "Well... I really do want love letter, but am i relly willing to give up my scythe premium edition for it?" You should assume that if you say yes you are willing to trade it then it will go through. If youre not sure you really want to make the trade in the first place then dont check it, because chances are you will get the game you are not as crazy about rather than the one you REALLY want
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify it's not so much about whether I'm willing to trade one of my games for a particular one. It's more understanding the "math" part.

Like say I'm willing to trade Game A for Games 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. However if Games 1 and 2 I'm more interested in, than Games 3, 4 or 5. Of course just because *I* am willing to trade doesn't mean anyone else is interested so perhaps Games 1 and 2 would never be a reality. In that case having Games 3, 4 and 5 in my list increasing my chances of a successful trade.

However maybe all 5 games are a real possibility. In that case have I lost out on the chance to get Game 1 because I have Game 5 on my list? I don't know how it really works.

Am I making any sense?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically it's all up to the amount of risk you want to take. If you keep your wantlists loose by adding a lot of items, then the odds of you making a trade are high. Alternatively, you can keep your wantlists tight by only including the 1 or 2 games you're really interested in. But then odds are that you'll likely walk out with no trades at all.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
To clarify it's not so much about whether I'm willing to trade one of my games for a particular one. It's more understanding the "math" part.

Like say I'm willing to trade Game A for Games 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. However if Games 1 and 2 I'm more interested in, than Games 3, 4 or 5. Of course just because *I* am willing to trade doesn't mean anyone else is interested so perhaps Games 1 and 2 would never be a reality. In that case having Games 3, 4 and 5 in my list increasing my chances of a successful trade.

However maybe all 5 games are a real possibility. In that case have I lost out on the chance to get Game 1 because I have Game 5 on my list? I don't know how it really works.

Am I making any sense?


Basically, the system treats your 5 potential trades for your game A equally, biasing it toward maximizing the number of total trades in the math trade. Which has nothing to do with what you like more.

Generally you should work toward the assumption that for any group of items you'd accept for your game, you'll get the one you want the least. In many cases that is the most likely scenario, but you can be pleasantly surprised if you get a better one.

My general rule of thumb is that the more desirable my game is (wanted by others), the more specific I'll be about what I accept for it. With a much wider net for other games.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that if you wanted to give up your game and you were considering 5 choices you have to think of them as being equal in the chance that you will receive them. The system doesn't consider that you want choices 1 and 2 more than 3-5. As far as the system is concerned you want 1 just as much as you want 2-5. That's why you have too assume that whaever game you're offering will get traded for ANY of your choices. So if theres something you're not too sure of then don't offer your game for it because in my past experiences.... you WILL end up making that less than desireable trade
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for your feedback and advice. It's been helpful.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Final 12-ish hours remaining to post items for trade. Deadline is tomorrow (Saturday) morning at 10:00 AM EDT.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And we are done. Wantlist submission window is now open. Deadline to get your wantlist in is Tuesday Aug 23rd at 11:00 PM EDT.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Final 24-ish hours remaining to get your wantlists in. Deadline is Tuesday night at 11:00 PM EDT.

Try not to miss the deadline!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Final 24-ish hours remaining to get your wantlists in. Deadline is Tuesday night at 11:00 PM EDT.

Try not to miss the deadline!

I submitted my want list as soon as the trade list locked down. Then I promptly forget about the trade. It's a weird feeling when I know a bunch of people will be scrambling at the last minute.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gordier
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a specific date when all items must be shipped by? I will be out of town for a few days starting tomorrow and wont be able to ship right away.

Will that be a problem?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Frothingslosh
Canada
Caledon
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattG666 wrote:
Is there a specific date when all items must be shipped by? I will be out of town for a few days starting tomorrow and wont be able to ship right away.

Will that be a problem?


I don't think there is a specific date (unless you're shipping to me, then it's ASAP )

In past trades I've received games anywhere from two days to two weeks after trade closes, so I think you're good. If you make a trade, just let your receiver know by GM.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gordier
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chang
Canada
flag msg tools
Shipping math trade noob here. Shipping parcels in Canada always has a tracking number, correct (regular parcel)? I'm assuming that is the typical way people go about sending.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/parcelscon/default.pa...

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.