Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Burgess
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this was up for pre-sale st Gen Con which means it's ready to be sold... Why are they not releasing it now? We are entering another weekend that Chains hasn't hit store shelves now and I'd really like to dive into an undead themed campaign, but refuse to start mists until I have the complete campaign!!

Anyone have any ideaa on release date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
Mordliss wrote:
So this was up for pre-sale st Gen Con which means it's ready to be sold... Why are they not releasing it now? We are entering another weekend that Chains hasn't hit store shelves now and I'd really like to dive into an undead themed campaign, but refuse to start mists until I have the complete campaign!!

Anyone have any ideaa on release date?

Some reports says day 18.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kolodji
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I was getting antsy for this one, too. I want to play a full a campaign with MoB. The best I could find was August-Sept posted by Cool Stuff Inc. 18th of what month, December? I hope FFG does NOT push it past September. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Burgess
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would they even push it past August if the damn game is already being sold? I don't understand these "privledged" release patterns... Let Gen Con get it early by like 5 days but not weeks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Bistro
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When companies bring in pre-release games to GenCon, they do it by air shipping them in. It's crazy expensive, but GenCon buzz makes it worth it. It's far too expensive to do it for an entire print run.

A quick perusal of FFG's website shows it's "on the boat." They're also kind enough to mention it takes 4-6 weeks. We're in what? Week 5 now? We'll have it in our hands soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
I just got a shipping notification for my review copy of Chains of Rust. So the wider release is imminent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.