Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I finally put all my monsters onto those horrible bases. It took a lot of convincing, and stiff shot of bourbon, but I built up the resolve to slot those chits (senselessly?) into those black behemoths, forever obscuring the beautiful artwork.

Now.. well, I have a bunch of hyper fragile toys that will likely never fit comfortable into the box ever again. Mind you, I did force them back in there, but what is everybody else's approach?

Seems after an expansion or two, I'll either regret that I shoved the original chits into those bases, or have to dedicate a shelf in my apartment to displaying my miniatures, lest I damage them by cramming any more into that tiny space.

Anyhoo, just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Won't know for sure until I have my copy of 2nd edition (coming tomorrow... finally). But my plan is to make use of the 2 main core boxes from 1st and 2nd edition. I think I'll be able to fit all of the map tiles, manuals, cards, and tokens (stored in a small plano box) inside one of the core boxes, then store all of the monster figures in the other. They won't be neat and tidy, but arranged however they need to be to fit. All of the unused 1st edition stuff will be in the two expansion boxes, and one large plano box with all of the tokens/puzzle pieces (which is currently stored in a core box, but will be removed when they are no longer needed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It was my life, like all lives, mysterious and irrevocable and sacred. So very close, so very present, so very belonging to me. How wild it was to let it be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Inmat4251 wrote:
Won't know for sure until I have my copy of 2nd edition (coming tomorrow... finally). But my plan is to make use of the 2 main core boxes from 1st and 2nd edition. I think I'll be able to fit all of the map tiles, manuals, cards, and tokens (stored in a small plano box) inside one of the core boxes, then store all of the monster figures in the other. They won't be neat and tidy, but arranged however they need to be to fit. All of the unused 1st edition stuff will be in the two expansion boxes, and one large plano box with all of the tokens/puzzle pieces (which is currently stored in a core box, but will be removed when they are no longer needed).

I had considered that but how to store the monster figures -- just throw them in the box(es)? Might need some kind of tiered storage to make use of the vertical space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Like I mentioned, I don't expect it to be neat and tidy. I figure sit all of the big monsters on the bottom, and treat the box as a bucket, and just place all of the smaller monsters wherever they may fit in whatever orientation (on their side, upside down, slipped in between cracks between the larger monsters, wherever).

Bare in mind, I don't paint my figures, so I'm not concerned about keeping them from rubbing up on each other, and I glue them to the bases, so having them randomly strewn about won't result in them falling off.

If you want to keep them all upright and separated, then yes a tier structure will likely be needed, and I doubt they would all fit in one box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmb
I don't yet have my game (hopefully arriving tomorrow or Saturday), but I plan on making a custom foam core insert. I got all the minis/tokens/tiles to fit for 1E, so with less clutter this time around, I shouldn't have a problem getting all of it to fit in the box.

Like this:

Though I think this time around, I might not bother with giving each monster its own cubby, I'll just have them stand snugly next to each other since the bases are a big enough platform with a low center of gravity.

When the expansions for 2E come out, I plan to just get the COTW/FA expansion and make an insert to store all that stuff just in that box (since 1E and 2E boxes will be thoroughly occupied, heh).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are beautiful, Paul...I saw them when you first put the pics up in March. Strangely, since 2E came out, these have been appearing in my dreams more frequently every night!

The call of black foam core...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmb
InvisibleRobots wrote:
These are beautiful, Paul...I saw them when you first put the pics up in March. Strangely, since 2E came out, these have been appearing in my dreams more frequently every night!

The call of black foam core...

Black foam core fhtagn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I chose a simple and time saving solution:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Ok, I finally put all my monsters onto those horrible bases. It took a lot of convincing, and stiff shot of bourbon, but I built up the resolve to slot those chits (senselessly?) into those black behemoths, forever obscuring the beautiful artwork.

Did you remember to flip the bourbon over when you were done? XD

Yeah the chits have great artwork. I'm not an even that into minis, especially unpainted ones and there's no way I'm painting these so I just use the chits?...I hate admitting that but there you go. Yeah the minis are all in a big bag in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you're not into mini's then just using the Chits is definitely the way to go. Personally, I'm excited to give these mini's a paint job (already painting the Star Spawn) so they look good on the board. But while I'm in the midst of painting them, I'm just using the chits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BreadRising wrote:
If you're not into mini's then just using the Chits is definitely the way to go. Personally, I'm excited to give these mini's a paint job (already painting the Star Spawn) so they look good on the board. But while I'm in the midst of painting them, I'm just using the chits.

I considered that, but I'm not opposed to minis. I'm just not entirely sure what the design intention was for storing these highly fragile things was. Did FFG expect me to toss the insert? Maybe I'm not supposed to keep them IN the bases, but pop them in before play?

Flummoxed, I is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I sidle up to it, cautiously at first, then just as it thinks I am not interested I suddenly turn and say "Hi Storage! Hows it going?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kniknax wrote:
I sidle up to it, cautiously at first, then just as it thinks I am not interested I suddenly turn and say "Hi Storage! Hows it going?"

Oh, so my hiding in a bush, and then wrestling to the ground at night is perhaps a bit too aggressive?

That explains a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Everything playable in 2nd edition (2nd edition plus 1st edition tiles, miniatures and miniature bases) fits nice and snugly in the 2nd edition box, except for the large miniatures. The miniatures are low quality so I have no problem dumping them together in plastic bags and bundling them in to the box.

The large miniatures I have in my draw where I keep large miniatures from sundry games. All of the 1st edition cards fit into the 'Forbidden Alchemy' box. Everything remaining from 1st edition not usable in 2nd edition, including spare plastic bases is in the 1st edition base box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Wilfong
United States
Odenville
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was in Hobby Lobby one day and they had a sell on generic home furnishings. I've had this trunk for years collecting dust. Maybe you have something like this hidden in some dark corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Gonzalez

Oregon
msg tools
I bought a XL photo box for all the minis. Fits all minis from both expansions and base games expect the larged based ones. The rest is baged and thrown into the base box along with the tiles and XL minis. At some point I'll 3d print box that holds the tokens and cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David van Damme
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
I'm not planning to buy any expansions (for now). Have the minis painted and rebased, so this already takes up considerable less space. I ditched the insert and bagged all the chits and cards. This all lives in the bottom of the box. On top of this I placed a box sized square of acoustic foam (the egg carton kind) pointy bits up, and all the minis rest loosely on this foam. This should protect them from moving about and rubbing. I just have to remember to store the box flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmb
A little late to the game posting this, but I jumped right into painting my monsters after I made this insert, so here's my solution:

I've made 4 trays that I can pull out and be ready to play. All the cards are easy to grab by pushing down at the top, which pops up the bottom. All the map tokens are in one tray, and the exploration tokens are in the last tray.

The bottom tray in the middle photo is the conversion kit, so it doesn't actually come out and helps keep the map tiles in their place.

Finally, the bottom photo is just the miniatures/character cards. I haven't yet painted my investigators (busy painting other game minis), but they each have their slots so they're ready to be protected.

...I should post my mini paint-ups, heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shelby thompson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I have the MoM 1st ed, 2nd ed, and Suppressed Memories. I put all the game board, tokens, and cards into the 1st ed box. Going to try to fit all the minis in the 2nd ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.