Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
So here is my general scenario, for whch I will assume a two player game.

Everyone must take a turn order card at some point during the drafting phase, but what if player one takes turn order card #1 first and then player two opts out of taking thier turn order card and pays VPs for one farther down the track?

Does this force player one to pay VPs for their next card since they have to jump over the remaining turn card? No player may take more than a single turn order card.

i.e Could a player in any size game create a scenario that forces other players to spend VPs until they opt to take thier turn order card? Granted this means they are also spending VPs each time they bypass the turn order card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:

Everyone must take a turn order card at some point during the drafting phase, but what if player one takes turn order card #1 first and then player two opts out of taking thier turn order card and pays VPs for one farther down the track?

Does this force player one to pay VPs for their next card since they have to jump over the remaining turn card? No player may take more than a single turn order card.

i.e Could a player in any size game create a scenario that forces other players to spend VPs until they opt to take thier turn order card? Granted this means they are also spending VPs each time they bypass the turn order card.

The turn order cards are the most expensive cards, at the end of the track. You can't "jump over" them since they are at the end of the track, not the beginning. I think you have the track backwards. Look at the diagram on page 2 of the rules showing the costs of the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What the poster above said is correct. But a player may be forced to pay for a turn-order card if he has already taken his number of action cards and there are still any action cards on the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
ejtracer wrote:

The turn order cards are the most expensive cards, at the end of the track. You can't "jump over" them since they are at the end of the track, not the beginning. I think you have the track backwards. Look at the diagram on page 2 of the rules showing the costs of the cards.

Thank you. I will take a look at the rulebook again. I am not sure how I managed to mess that one up, but it had been four years since my last play and a only a quick glance through the rules to rekindle my memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.