Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I enjoyed about Walnut grove was the tile laying aspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it draws more inspiration from Puerto Rico and Carcassonne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:

How so the tiles look exactly the same and the way the resources work seems similar as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't really see much comparison to Walnut Grove...tiles may look somewhat similar, but unlike Walnut Grove, tile edges must always match, so you really need to be careful with how you place your tiles. The Only similarity to Walnut Grove here is when you produce on your fields, forests, or quarries the goods stay on spots on the tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

How so the tiles look exactly the same and the way the resources work seems similar as well.

All tile edges must match although the limited area makes some of those decisions difficult. The actions one can choose in the game are very similar to PR and also allow everyone to take the action with the person declaring the action receiving a bonus/discount. Actions are produce, build, add a tile to your plateau, and trade. However, anyone can choose any of the actions unlike PR which limits an action to once per round. Buildings either grant end game points or provide special abilities like PR and many other games.

This is a much simpler game than Walnut Grove...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

All tile edges must match although the limited area makes some of those decisions difficult. The actions one can choose in the game are very similar to PR and also allow everyone to take the action with the person declaring the action receiving a bonus/discount. Actions are produce, build, add a tile to your plateau, and trade. However, anyone can choose any of the actions unlike PR which limits an action to once per round. Buildings either grant end game points or provide special abilities like PR and many other games.

I wonder how the game would play if you did restrict roles to once per round? I think the next time I play I'm going to try that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:

And that is when i stop caring.. WG was too simple for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
King of Frontier is very much a filler - plays in 15-25 minutes and is a cleaner design than Walnut Grove which has a bit more added to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.