Subject: Will it make my old 1st edition playable? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Ham
United States
Kilgore
TEXAS
flag msg tools
I bought 1st edition about a year ago despite warnings that it is an unruly beast of a game. Sure enough it has made it to the table very few times on account of its fiddly nature. To what extent will my owning 1.0 improve my experience with 2.0? Does it use any of the old scenarios or does it just allow the inclusion of characters and monsters? What about the expansions? I have Call of the Wild. Just wondering because I want to pull the trigger on this but I hate to abandon my 1st edition since I never even finished it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Wies
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- Less fiddly then 1st edition?
A: I do not think that the first edition is fiddly - it just has some weak scenarios and needs a lot of setup time but yes: second edition is streamlined and in your eyes it is probably less fiddly

- Usage of old scenarios?
A: No!

- Just monsters and investigator?
A: No - all the map tiles can be used as well

- Can I use first edition expansions in the second edition?
A: Yes. They are used like the base game: monsters, investigators, map tiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
mb
I shall help you, by teaching you how to help yourself....
Below is a link to the Mansions of Madness page over on FFGs page, it has links to all the news articles FFG posted about MoM second edition, and these answer most, if not all of, your questions:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/mansions-of-m...?

Or if you browse through the BGG forums, you'lll see that all your questions have been asked and answered a bunch of times already...

Good luck, and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordinary Meeple wrote:
I bought 1st edition about a year ago despite warnings that it is an unruly beast of a game. Sure enough it has made it to the table very few times on account of its fiddly nature. To what extent will my owning 1.0 improve my experience with 2.0? Does it use any of the old scenarios or does it just allow the inclusion of characters and monsters? What about the expansions? I have Call of the Wild. Just wondering because I want to pull the trigger on this but I hate to abandon my 1st edition since I never even finished it.

Try the paragraph variant of MOM and you will not be disappointed. I am currently playing "Fall of House Lynch" solo and it's a lot of fun. All the scenarios are been redone using this variant. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
Try the paragraph variant of MOM and you will not be disappointed. I am currently playing "Fall of House Lynch" solo and it's a lot of fun. All the scenarios are been redone using this variant. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.

Where is this located?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sabbat00 wrote:
grahamj wrote:

Where is this located?

You can find it here

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mansions+of+madness+paragraph+variant

First link on the page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just go here: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/64918/solo-co-op-version-s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.