Hide
2 Posts

Crimea» Forums » Rules

Subject: Opposed Landings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Davis
msg tools
Under the rules as written, opposed landings appear to be too easy. All the Allies have to do is blast away w/ their 20 Fire Combat Factors (assuming only one ship can fire in a Simultaneous Fire Phase) one action turn after action turn until the Russians are all gone and then disembark.

One house rule would be to allow artillery to fire at ships, maybe w/ a neg DRM to make it a little more challenging.

Has anyone come up w/ a more developed house rule to deal w/ this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how did something happen.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Way back when this game first came out our club had some questions and some of them were about opposed landings.

One was whether more ships can fire than just those bringing in troops. We wrote to GDW and Frank's written response was, yes, more ships can fire than just those bringing in troops. So it's even worse than you thought - not just one ship.

That being the case, there's just no way to stop the Allies from taking advantage of their naval power.

You can block channels however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.