Subject: Started painting and basing the mini figures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Smit
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
Hello Everyone,

We've finally started to paint and base the figures so we can kick our game to a higher level.

This topic is just to show our progress! Hope you like them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
Such a nice base. Use some matte varnish, the figures are really glossy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastion wrote:
Such a nice base. Use some matte varnish, the figures are really glossy.

some people like em like that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Smit
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
Haha I can explain the gloss. I took the pictures right after painting, so the paint was still wet . I also put them under a very bright light in order to get a good photo last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very very Nice! Where are you getting all the extra bits for the bases, are you making those yourself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
Very very Nice! Where are you getting all the extra bits for the bases, are you making those yourself?

The red book seems to have a Chaos star, so perhaps it's some kind of Warhammer bits/scenery?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They are nicely painted. But, and I dont wish to be pedantic, but I will, they are figures for Mansions of Madness. Emphasis on Mansion. Why does everyone who bases their figures feel the need to dump them in a field?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kniknax wrote:
They are nicely painted. But, and I dont wish to be pedantic, but I will, they are figures for Mansions of Madness. Emphasis on Mansion. Why does everyone who bases their figures feel the need to dump them in a field?

Surely any mansion must have a grand lawn? Otherwise, where else does one take one's afternoon tea?

Nice paint jobs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Smit
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
shadowsclassic wrote:

I buy them from a local Scenery website here in Holland. I believe the decorations are called tabletop art.

http://www.sceneryworkshop.nl/scenery/fantasy-scenery/

kniknax wrote:

I totally see what you mean. This was the one thing we've asked ourselfs before we started painting and basing. The main reason we've went with the outside theme, is because we also play Arkham Horror and we use the same characters for that game. Mansions also features a fair amount of outside locations, especially with the Call of the Wild expansion. Then again, if I went with the inside theme, it wouldn't make sence anymore if the investigators where outside. I think it's a matter of personal preference in this case .

Here are some more painted investigators!

Thanks for all the feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These are very well done! I just started painting the monsters last night, so we'll see how they turn out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not certain about what to do with my bases either. I have all of the exterior stuff for basing -- but I was thinking I might try and do the black/white checkerboard pattern on the bases, as several of the mansion tiles have that on the floor.

Or, I may just paint them black...maybe black gravel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also just use clear bases.

I *still* haven't tried these out, but the price is good: https://www.amazon.com/Beadaholique-100-Piece-Stickers-Bottl...

"Inside or outside" *is* the age-old question for miniatures. You can also use magnets to swap bases, or drill holes.

Even with inside and outside, you have to decide between street vs. grass, and wooden planks vs. tiles. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Frangster wrote:
shadowsclassic wrote:

I buy them from a local Scenery website here in Holland. I believe the decorations are called tabletop art.

http://www.sceneryworkshop.nl/scenery/fantasy-scenery/

Wow, kind of wish you hadn't told me. That site could cost me *a lot* of money!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
InvisibleRobots wrote:
I'm not certain about what to do with my bases either. I have all of the exterior stuff for basing -- but I was thinking I might try and do the black/white checkerboard pattern on the bases, as several of the mansion tiles have that on the floor.

Or, I may just paint them black...maybe black gravel?

I just stick with the generic black bases. My OCD has a fit if there are grass bases in side, or flooring outside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just realized that you could also leave the bases detachable (unpainted) for the first game, record where the miniatures show up in the scenario, then paint the miniature base to match where the miniature first appears. No guarantee that that the base will match the next time the miniature is on the board, of course.

Also, for NPCs, RAFM and Reaper Miniatures have 1920's investigators if you want to do *more* painting. goo

http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store...

(Not released yet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.