Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geert Meys
Belgium
Haacht
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
We played our first game last night and I have a question:

For example: With my upgrade action, I also get 3 money. If all my 6 upgrades have been completed (and I have placed my star for that), am I still allowed to preform the upgrade action and just take the 3 money?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, yes you are. All the gains from the player mat are optional, so you're allowed to skip any of them. Same goes with mechs and structures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As long as you still pay for the bottom action in full, sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Page 14, under Completing Actions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
As answered here:
Using "unnecessary" bottom-row actions,
clarification about bottom-row action,
bottom row actions?,
Bottom Action Question - Do I have to take the action (not the coins)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

ZdadrDeM wrote:

So this thread is only #5 on the list? Feels like there were more!

Sorry for my snarkiness... I guess that I simply don't understand why members don't try using the "Search" bar first, before posting a question - only because it would save them a lot of time if the question's already been answered, is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

ZdadrDeM wrote:

So this thread is only #5 on the list? Feels like there were more!

Sorry for my snarkiness... I guess that I simply don't understand why members don't try using the "Search" bar first, before posting a question - only because it would save them a lot of time if the question's already been answered, is all.

I suspect the search function is very useful if you know exactly what you're looking for. I did a search on "action" and got 20 pages of posts here. I would just go ahead and ask...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

TheJoat wrote:
I suspect the search function is very useful if you know exactly what you're looking for. I did a search on "action" and got 20 pages of posts here. I would just go ahead and ask...

Well you have a good point that there's a degree of specificity required when entering your search term, to maximize the results. But still, if the right term is entered, you can get your question answered in 60 seconds as opposed to the 60 seconds it takes to post your question then have to wait for the answer.

For example, I just now entered "bottom row actions" as the search term, and selected Rules as the search forum. The return was less than two full pages (many results of which were duplicates), and included all the threads that Nico listed above.

Doing that just seems so much more beneficial than going to the trouble of posting the same question and waiting for the answer. Now of course, if the search doesn't turn up anything - perhaps you're the first to ask the question, or the question hasn't been answered to your satisfaction, then fire away! As you can see by most of my posts, I love answering questions! It's just "painful" when I see people asking the same question over and over when the answer's already been provided and is waiting to be read without having to go to the trouble of posting it yet again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.