$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 106.91

6,658 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
45 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

A Feast for Odin» Forums » General

Subject: Crucifix misprint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the latest play through video the crucifix tile should be in a different spot. Hopefully this will be fixed in the retail version.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably too late to fix for retail. Plus it's really minor in my opinion.

If all the errata end up being similar to that one, I'll be quite happy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
juanma99 wrote:
It's probably too late to fix for retail. Plus it's really minor in my opinion.

If all the errata end up being similar to that one, I'll be quite happy.


It's a pretty big error imho.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
juanma99 wrote:
It's probably too late to fix for retail. Plus it's really minor in my opinion.

If all the errata end up being similar to that one, I'll be quite happy.


It's a pretty big error imho.


Then you probably should wait for a second printing. If there is one.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
juanma99 wrote:
It's probably too late to fix for retail. Plus it's really minor in my opinion.

If all the errata end up being similar to that one, I'll be quite happy.


It's a pretty big error imho.


Then you probably should wait for a second printing. If there is one.


Why because I have an opinion about it? Not sure why they didn't just catch this before hand. What happened to quality control.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're a veteran around here. So there is no need for us to tell you that most major game releases unavoidably come with misprints and errors. I can't name even one of Uwe's most recent big games that wasn't released with at least one significant errata to follow.

At least this is not game-breaking, like the infinite loop combos in Caverna...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu purple belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
jschlickbernd wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
It's a pretty big error imho.


Then you probably should wait for a second printing. If there is one.


Why because I have an opinion about it?


No, because you think it's a pretty big error. If it isn't going to be corrected for the first edition, and it bothers you this much, it's a completely reasonable suggestion that you wait for the second printing.
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are referring to MiWi's video then I'm sure he says at the start that his review copy is a preproduction copy. I would think that if they considered it a big enough error they would be able to fix it.

The crucifix has the correct symbol on it so it's the work of seconds to move it from its outlined position on the board to the area where all the other pieces with the tongs symbol are.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Woodenman wrote:
If you are referring to MiWi's video then I'm sure he says at the start that his review copy is a preproduction copy. I would think that if they considered it a big enough error they would be able to fix it.

The crucifix has the correct symbol on it so it's the work of seconds to move it from its outlined position on the board to the area where all the other pieces with the tongs symbol are.

Yeah, that's where I saw it.. Hopefully they catch it before printing more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
jschlickbernd wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
juanma99 wrote:
It's probably too late to fix for retail. Plus it's really minor in my opinion.

If all the errata end up being similar to that one, I'll be quite happy.


It's a pretty big error imho.


Then you probably should wait for a second printing. If there is one.


Why because I have an opinion about it? Not sure why they didn't just catch this before hand. What happened to quality control.


here he is again... always the victim and the misunderstood... also, always the person that never fails, makes a mistake and that catches all the errors the others do... incredible!

A game this big with this many components is bound to have some errors here and there, it would be almost impossible that everything would be 100%, there's always something that passes the checks... if you don't like it don't buy it... simple and quick
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
jschlickbernd wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
juanma99 wrote:
It's probably too late to fix for retail. Plus it's really minor in my opinion.

If all the errata end up being similar to that one, I'll be quite happy.


It's a pretty big error imho.


Then you probably should wait for a second printing. If there is one.


Why because I have an opinion about it? Not sure why they didn't just catch this before hand. What happened to quality control.


here he is again... always the victim and the misunderstood... also, always the person that never fails, makes a mistake and that catches all the errors the others do... incredible!

A game this big with this many components is bound to have some errors here and there, it would be almost impossible that everything would be 100%, there's always something that passes the checks... if you don't like it don't buy it... simple and quick


This comment was not needed.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The positive groupthink on these boards sometimes...shake

I remember getting attacked for pointing out the two errors on the game board of The Voyages of Marco Polo and calling it sloppy work. I love the game but still think they should have done better.

I'll definitely buy AFFO but one should be able to point out the error without getting attacked.



6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thormodr wrote:
The positive groupthink on these boards sometimes...shake

I remember getting attacked for pointing out the two errors on the game board of The Voyages of Marco Polo and calling it sloppy work. I love the game but still think they should have done better.

I'll definitely buy AFFO but one should be able to point out the error without getting attacked.





The problem here isn't the pointing out the error... the error should be pointed out for everyone that's interested in the game know that that error exists...

The part that gets people annoyed is what comes after the pointing out the error...
Obviously no one wants games with errors specially the publishers and having people questioning the Quality Control of a game this big with so many bits and chits because of ONE error is just entitlement... More entitled is saying that this should be fixed for the Retail edition of the game that's only in 2 months...

I don't know when they caught the error but if it was last week or even the week before it's only common sense that there won't be enough time to fix this error in time for Essen... It would be fantastic if they could come up with a fix but having an errata letting the people buying the game know that the error exists is a good first step.

The person that had the passive-aggressive attitude was the original poster just because someone suggested that he didn't get the 1st edition and waited for the second to get that error fixed... his reply to that comment was, like usual on this user, very passive-aggressive and was the thing that started the other not so positive comments!

To make things worse, the OP is known for creating posts making wild affirmation based on one play of the games and even when people with more experience point out the flaws in his thought process he just ignores them and tells them to not post on his threads if they have nothing to contribute...

To resume, making threads pointing out erros and goofs on the rules, on the components, etc is a great contribution to the community...
Doing that from an High-Horse stand is not
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
jschlickbernd wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
juanma99 wrote:
It's probably too late to fix for retail. Plus it's really minor in my opinion.

If all the errata end up being similar to that one, I'll be quite happy.


It's a pretty big error imho.


Then you probably should wait for a second printing. If there is one.


Why because I have an opinion about it? Not sure why they didn't just catch this before hand. What happened to quality control.


here he is again... always the victim and the misunderstood... also, always the person that never fails, makes a mistake and that catches all the errors the others do... incredible!

A game this big with this many components is bound to have some errors here and there, it would be almost impossible that everything would be 100%, there's always something that passes the checks... if you don't like it don't buy it... simple and quick


This comment was not needed.


It was needed just because of the comment that you made that I quoted... if you weren't so passive-aggressive the comments that you say weren't needed wouldn't happen
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thormodr wrote:
The positive groupthink on these boards sometimes...shake

I remember getting attacked for pointing out the two errors on the game board of The Voyages of Marco Polo and calling it sloppy work. I love the game but still think they should have done better.

I'll definitely buy AFFO but one should be able to point out the error without getting attacked.





To give you some background....

There are quite a few of us with similar taste in games that frequent the same game forums and back the same KickStarters. The OP, although he can have good ideas and points to make, frequently presents them in such a negative and aggressive manner, that he has worn out the patience of a lot of people. He has literally caused people to drop out of KS projects because he has caused so much angst as to sour the whole project.

So while his point may be valid, because of his delivery, he has pushed some people to the point that they cannot read anything he writes with goodwill . It is my GUESS that Paulo has been pushed to this point, because I've seen him to be nothing but kind, positive and gracious in other postings.
30 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ksaeger wrote:
Thormodr wrote:
The positive groupthink on these boards sometimes...shake

I remember getting attacked for pointing out the two errors on the game board of The Voyages of Marco Polo and calling it sloppy work. I love the game but still think they should have done better.

I'll definitely buy AFFO but one should be able to point out the error without getting attacked.





To give you some background....

There are quite a few of us with similar taste in games that frequent the same game forums and back the same KickStarters. The OP, although he can have good ideas and points to make, frequently presents them in such a negative and aggressive manner, that he has worn out the patience of a lot of people. He has literally caused people to drop out of KS projects because he has caused so much angst as to sour the whole project.

So while his point may be valid, because of his delivery, he has pushed some people to the point that they cannot read anything he writes with goodwill . It is my GUESS that Paulo has been pushed to this point, because I've seen him to be nothing but kind, positive and gracious in other postings.


It's exactly that Kristi... Thank you for the kind words

This person some months ago even had the nerve of sending me a GM about one of my Blog Posts that I talk about some Kickstarter Projects that I was interested in...
He had the nerve of sending me a GM saying that I shouldn't be talking about the projects I did because they were already funded and had a lot of money, that I should instead talk about a project that he was interested in and was not close to funding yet!!

Who does that?!?!? Who sends another person a message saying what they can and cannot talk about in their blog?!?!?

I try to ignore him, sometimes I'm weak and can't do it... thou I always provide some insight on the things he talks about...

Just yesterday he created another "post" in another game page that even before I opened it I said "this is a post by LSD" just by the way the title was written, and sure enough it was... I'm glad to say that I was able to just ignore him on that post and not reply...
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Go start a hate group somewhere else. This isn't the place. I meerly brought up a misprint. Take the discussion elsewhere
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Go start a hate group somewhere else. This isn't the place. I meerly brought up a misprint. Take the discussion elsewhere


There's no hate group but if there was an Hate group that's because there was a reason for the Hating...

And No, you didn't just brought up a misprint... you were passive aggressive and you wanted the misprint to be fixed for the retail release that's just around the corner, you attacked someone because they suggested if it was such a big problem for you then you should wait and buy the 2nd edition... and you also accused the Publisher of having a poor Quality Control because one error slipped through the cracks...

So no, you didn't just pointed a Misprint
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Go start a hate group somewhere else. This isn't the place. I meerly brought up a misprint. Take the discussion elsewhere


There's no hate group but if there was an Hate group that's because there was a reason for the Hating...

And No, you didn't just brought up a misprint... you were passive aggressive and you wanted the misprint to be fixed for the retail release that's just around the corner, you attacked someone because they suggested if it was such a big problem for you then you should wait and buy the 2nd edition... and you also accused the Publisher of having a poor Quality Control because one error slipped through the cracks...

So no, you didn't just pointed a Misprint
p

Never attacked anyone. You're insinuating. And this is a matter of poor quality control.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mb
Calm down, children.

Getting the OP back on track, the video by Michael states that he's playing with a preproduction copy.

From what I can tell, that's when the manufacturer generates a copy (or copies) to send to the developer so that they can highlight any last minute errors/changes. I'd like to think that - if this misprint was identified at that point - it will be fixed in time for the first edition.

I wonder if this is something that Michael enquired about.

However, if it does not get sorted in time, then it's going to be a difficult case of either biting the bullet or holding off and hoping for a 2nd edition with the misprint rectified.

At this stage, I'm actually more interested in knowing whether it's going to be a good game or not.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:
Calm down, children.

Getting the OP back on track, the video by Michael states that he's playing with a preproduction copy.

From what I can tell, that's when the manufacturer generates a copy (or copies) to send to the developer so that they can highlight any last minute errors/changes. I'd like to think that - if this misprint was identified at that point - it will be fixed in time for the first edition.

I wonder if this is something that Michael enquired about.

However, if it does not get sorted in time, then it's going to be a difficult case of either biting the bullet or holding off and hoping for a 2nd edition with the misprint rectified.

At this stage, I'm actually more interested in knowing whether it's going to be a good game or not.


Yeah, like I said hoping it gets caught. Either way I love Uwe's games and am really excited for this one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Why is this error so important? Will it affect gameplay?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

Why is this error so important? Will it affect gameplay?


Not really, let me try to explain:
There is a certain action that lets you take a tile with a "forge tongs" symbol on it. For convenience, all those tiles are grouped together in their own section on the board where the special tiles are stored.
And while the crucifix has the "forge tongs" symbol, it is not grouped together with those other tiles.

So when deciding which tile you want, you have to look beyond that dedicated section. But you have to do that anyway, since the "jewelry" good also has the forge tongs and it is stored in the token tray.

So it is a bit inconvenient, but it does not introduce any inconsistencies (since the rules say "take a tile with the forge tongs symbol" and not "take a tile from that section").

Hope this helps.
32 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MiWi wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Why is this error so important? Will it affect gameplay?


Not really, let me try to explain:
There is a certain action that lets you take a tile with a "forge tongs" symbol on it. For convenience, all those tiles are grouped together in their own section on the board where the special tiles are stored.
And while the crucifix has the "forge tongs" symbol, it is not grouped together with those other tiles.

So when deciding which tile you want, you have to look beyond that dedicated section. But you have to do that anyway, since the "jewelery" good also has the forge tongs and it is stored in the token tray.

So it is a bit inconvenient, but it does not introduce any inconsistencies (since the rules say "take a tile with the forge tongs symbol" and not "take a tile from that section").

Hope this helps.


So when I take that action I can also take the crucifix or the jewelry item from the token tray?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.