6 Posts

Vast: The Crystal Caverns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monster Tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Lienau
Canada
flag msg tools
We weren't able to find in the rule book what the 2 Monster Tokens are actually used for.

1. Are these tokens to be used for only the monsters that are depicted on them? (Ogre and.....I don't remember what the other one is called.)

2. Are they used to show that a monster is traveling with a tribe once they've revealed themselves and are navigating the cave? Just as a reminder?

3. There are only two monster tokens but the goblin player may have up to 4 monsters under their command. Why only two tokens?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You will use these tokens if you are playing a role variant that uses the Goblin Infestation rules, and you are playing on the hardest difficulty. In this case, when you encounter an Ambush, you will draw a Monster card and read its Ambush text, which sometimes refers to the tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Watkins
United States
flag msg tools
Pretty sure that the tokens are used for the variants without the goblins
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lienau
Canada
flag msg tools
OK, that clears things up.
I think the standard game setup has a typo that tells the goblin player to place his monster tokens near his board then doesn't say anything else beyond that.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McChesney
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks came here to ask the same question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
braingoo wrote:
Thanks came here to ask the same question.

Agreed, thanks from me as well. I'm building a pnp and have been trying to figure out what these are used for. At least I got to read the Goblin rules a couple more times while I searched for the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.