38.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,
I'm lucky enough to have an A&A Anniversary set, but it's missing a couple pieces. I was wondering if the Anniversary pieces are identical to the pieces in any other A&A version, or if the Anniversary set has totally unique sculpts. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
I believe that they are basically the same. They may have added cruisers to go with destroyers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
GeoffreyB wrote:
I believe that they are basically the same. They may have added cruisers to go with destroyers.

I hope they're the same as some version, but I'm wondering which version. There are several versions of A&A sculpts that were released in different editions. For example, in the original game, all the sculpts for each country were identical except for the soldiers. In some later versions, each country had ships, planes, tanks, etc. that were specific to their nations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Fresh start Fresh bananas
badge
Ashwin in thoughtful mood
mb

The models for all the different types of units (not just the infantry) are different for each nationality (more historical) and more finely sculptured than the original edition that I owned (MB).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Comb the image galleries. There appears to be some similarities in models but colors appear to be off slightly. I don't know if it's just the images or if the colors are truly off but judge for yourself. There are too many images across too many versions. I'd love to help more but time doesn't allow.

Anniversary ed. Japanese:

Pacific 1940 ed. Japanese:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It varies by piece as to which other game (if any) has the exact same sculpt. These charts should help you figure out which sculpts are where.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check Historical Board Gaming for replacements-
http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wolfe
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
I have both the anniversary edition and revised. I would say 50% or more of the sculpts are identical in dimension and color. In fact i mixed all my pieces from both sets because of this. Some differences:

The British and US colors are slightly different in shade, not a deal breaker for me as they are still obvious to which country they represent. They are slightly lighter in revised. German fighter planes are a different sculpt. US fighter planes are a different sculpt. US tanks are a different sculpt. The different sculpts add flavor for me.

Everything else seems identical. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.