Subject: Flick em Up: Dead of Winter announced! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
I was at Gen Con and still missed this! At first I thought it was a joke but it's totally legit and I can't wait to see what they do with this crossover:
http://www.dicetowernews.com/tag/flick-em-up-dead-of-winter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah.. this was "announced" around Gencon. I think someone from Plaidhat had tweeted this pic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
mb
When I first saw the box mockup, I thought it was a joke, but I'll follow how this progresses, with at least mild curiosity...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
I'm not sure where the pic came from as it was the image Dice Tower used in their news article. I saw a few other images floating around instagram as well.

I'm wondering if you'll have to headshot the zombie meeples... whatever it is, it should be quite fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this box sitting on the table and thought it was a joke. The woman working the booth assured me it was legit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was discussed during the BGG livestream when Pretzel Games presented. It was between segments and likely not part of the archival videos. All I remember was discussion of a "dice tower" style accessory that one loads the zombie horde into to empty them onto the table as their movement.

That and mention of it maintaining some character development/storytelling/rpg aspects of Dead of Winter.

Sounds exciting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
Wiyum wrote:
It was discussed during the BGG livestream when Pretzel Games presented. It was between segments and likely not part of the archival videos. All I remember was discussion of a "dice tower" style accessory that one loads the zombie horde into to empty them onto the table as their movement.

That is great news and I figured that is what that chute tower was for. It'll be interesting if the game maintains a co-op centric game feel or if it will be more like the "vs" in Flick em Up

Quote:
That and mention of it maintaining some character development/storytelling/rpg aspects of Dead of Winter.

Sounds exciting!

Also really great news :-)

edit: This image from 2thetablereviews gives some hints about how the zombie chute works in a close up picture (I will probably refer to it awkwardly as the Don't Dead Open Inside Chute):

The numbers on the "lid" are attached to squares that look just the right size for Flick em Up sized feet. Then there is the red pin in front that looks like you pull out once all the zombies are placed.

One complication might be that the prototype doesn't look to be able to fit in the box after being constructed. Hopefully they have a solution so you don't have to take it apart and put it together all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.