Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Attaching minis to the bases - permanently? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ha. Voc
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just got the game today and it's' clear the minis won't stay on the base while in storage.

Is anyone glueing them in? I'm just wondering as I never had or played v1.0 of the game, will future expansions expect us to reuse the bases? (not that i can see any of the cards coming out again...)

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Lundkvist
Sweden
flag msg tools
I'm not super experienced with these bases I so might not be the best person to mimic, but I decided to first paint the figures, then use super glue to make them stay in place.
However, I'm now starting to think of finding smaller transparent bases, because I think the giant black ones cover up the nice artwork of the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Havocbrighton wrote:
Just got the game today and it's' clear the minis won't stay on the base while in storage.

Is anyone glueing them in? I'm just wondering as I never had or played v1.0 of the game, will future expansions expect us to reuse the bases? (not that i can see any of the cards coming out again...)

cheers

I glued in my 1st edition minis and I will do it again here. I'm just waiting until I can paint them first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Wilfong
United States
Odenville
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do glue them be sure to remove the monster tiles first.

First edition experience. Hole for the monsters feet goes straight through to the tile, permanently holding them in place.

All monsters are on homemade Plexiglas tiles now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
askinmeh wrote:

First edition experience. Hole for the monsters feet goes straight through to the tile, permanently holding them in place.

I don't know about you, but with the snugness of the small bases, my tiles are permanently held already.

I was surprised to see that the larger bases allowed for the tiles to slide in and out so easily. Makes me wonder if the small bases are more snug than intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Lundkvist
Sweden
flag msg tools
askinmeh wrote:

Looks really good, that's pretty much what I was thinking of doing in the future. Maybe I'll cut it the exact same size as the cards that you put into the original black bases, and fasten them under the transparent ones so the information shines through. Yes, it'll be partially covered by the monster, but...

On the other hand I'm contradicting myself, because I really want them to be transparent, so why would I fasten those cards underneath shake
I'll simply do it the way you did it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ha. Voc
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Love the transparent bases, totally agree that the tiles deserve to be seen.

I wont be painting the minis, I find the quality lacking (I paint minis as a hobby, so don't tend to like anything less than, say, zombicide black plague quality) but would like to keep them assembled for speed of play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
Many gamer glue them, some of us don't.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1505099/storage-solution-an...

Here you can see my solution. All the monsters are boxed separately, all the bases are in an other box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grimwade Arbigul
msg tools
Thinking about using 1/16 x 1/32 magnets glued to bases and pegs for a secure, yet removable solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I glued, have tried not gluing on games before. eventually, the plastic wears and you will have to glue anyway. As it is with these, I don't see how you could get some of them to even go on the bases without glue.

Just a side note, I really like the bases. One thing I have always disliked about some mini's is when they have stats you need to know and you have to look them up or sort through cards to find the information. I have always loved about MoM is the fact that the info is right there on or rather in the base.
Also, if I was going to just play with the tiles as some have suggested, I would sell this game and just play Eldritch Horror. (Which I don't care much for because all the monsters and investigators are boring cardboard chits.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel James
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
askinmeh wrote:

I don't know about you, but with the snugness of the small bases, my tiles are permanently held already.

I was surprised to see that the larger bases allowed for the tiles to slide in and out so easily. Makes me wonder if the small bases are more snug than intended.

The first edition bases were WAY less tight, you could slide the tokens out very easily. The second edition bases are FAR too tight, getting the tokens in was impossible without using a plastic knife. Also the holders at the back are far too loose and the tokens they are meant to hold slip out. All in all it was a shock given that the game is SO expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put the screws to the Star spawns. Literally. Drilled holes and screwed them in to stay permanently. The others stay put pretty well without glue or other anchors.
This might be of interest - I put the new tokens in my 1st Ed. Bases and they went in like a dream.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco P.
Germany
flag msg tools
I glued mine to the base but i realy underestimated the size requiriment for it.

Had to make a own glas table for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irLwQyYnaQc&feature=youtu.be

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.