Snowdonia» Forums » General

Subject: Crucial Snowdonia bits for the Solo Gamer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Snowdonia (not sure if it loves me...) and reading up on the expansions/additions/bits for the game is quite tantalizing.

I've got a sense of the new scenarios and main expansions available through this helpful post by Mr. Boydell sich selbst.

What, of the massive list of stuff out there, do I try/swap in/add in without the recurrence of a whole new mountain or whatnot (e.g. Mt Washington). For instance, it looks like the new Seasons Essen promo or the Easteregg thing are useful regardless of the larger scenario played.

What bits are reasonable to pursue? In that post I linked to, Mr. Boydell rates some of them by availability. No wonder some of you post trying to stump for a box of many promos.

I appreciate advice for this relative noob!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
ilmatyynyalukseni on täynnä ankeriaita
mbmbmbmbmb
Trains
As they are different and require you to rethink the same scenario.
Extra scenarios are nice too.

If you're able get everything that's easiest.
blacktrain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I have given up and just try to get all the add ons I can get my hands on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony put an amazing offer on the Jack Vassal auction last year, and I won this and Tony designed a loco for me based on the doubled ended locos that run on the Ffestiniog railway in Wales.

I have a couple spare and will put one up on the Jack Vassal auction later this year. They're not for sale though (sorry).

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
battlepuppy wrote:
Tony put an amazing offer on the Jack Vassal auction last year, and I won this and Tony designed a loco for me based on the doubled ended locos that run on the Ffestiniog railway in Wales.

I have a couple spare and will put one up on the Jack Vassal auction later this year. They're not for sale though (sorry).

Andrew

Hey, not fair. This is like dropping a bottle of Jack Daniels in the mids of an AA meeting!

Me, me, me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be doing it again this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not look past the regular expansions. They are not just new mountains and Locomotives but each scenario really turns the game on its head it delightful ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get everything.

I understand my mission.

Mange takk!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.