7 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do zombies can walk through normal closed doors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emiliano Abel Pedrero Gallegos
Mexico
flag msg tools
I am new to this game and that question came to my mind.

And what about vault doors?

Finally, when you break a door and there are many zones on that building but they are closed with doors, do you spawn zombies just in the room you just break in or also the other rooms with closed doors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they can't walk through closed doors. The will try to use an open path to the players. If there is no path, they will move as if every door is open but stop and pile up at the door.

You spawn for every room which is connected through the now open door to other rooms. As long as there is no door between rooms (and I don't know a szenario where this is the case; Edit: as pointed out, the tutorial) you spawn for every room as soon as you open the first door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tutorial (Quest 0) has examples of a building with doors between rooms. You spawn in all rooms that were made accessible for the first time by opening that door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I skipped that. modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Toth
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started playing this with my son, zombies trapped in a building with no way out, he said "wouldn't they follow the noise outside even if they couldn't get out...like in the tv show..."

So I tried it and it works pretty well.

Instead of piling them all up at one door, if the zombies can move within the closed building and towards a noise token each turn, we have been moving them and kind of trailing were the heroes go....just a little change that's been fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ET11 wrote:
I just started playing this with my son, zombies trapped in a building with no way out, he said "wouldn't they follow the noise outside even if they couldn't get out...like in the tv show..."

So I tried it and it works pretty well.

Instead of piling them all up at one door, if the zombies can move within the closed building and towards a noise token each turn, we have been moving them and kind of trailing were the heroes go....just a little change that's been fun.

What you are describing sounds like the actual rule. Zombies trapped in buildings will change their path if the loudest Zone is easiest reached through a different door and will start heading that way. They might even split this way, especially if you have two separated sources of equal highest noise.

Or are you saying that you are also ignoring walls in their routing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Clipper said, zombies inside a closed build will still potentially move around. They just cannot get out of the building. They still check for targets and move towards the noisiest zone (taking the shortest path) as normal, but stop at walls/closed doors. So, if the noisiest zone outside the building changes to be at a different end of the building, the zombies inside will move through to building to the other end of it(towards the noise). And so on, until the building gets opened and they are able to exit the building (at which time their movement will always be towards the door/opening, rather than the noise)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.