Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: One box to hold them all rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I think most avid LOTR-LCG players/collectors have come to the point where they wonder how to store and transport 4000+ sleeved cards.

Until now, i put everything into my 2 base game boxes. But that only had space for around 3000 cards.

I like to use the game boxes as much as possible for storage, so i had an idea about making them into a higher box.

This is what i ended up with.

Front

Side. The weight is currently 12,4 kg (!). So i needed some strong handles. A plain 10 mm rope glued all around the bottom and the sides, and reinforced to prevent ripping off, works really nicely.

Back

Bottom

First i wanted to make a classic lid, that slides just over the box. Then i thought, why not use the whole game box as a lid that just slides into the box.

Top lid insides has a compartment for all the rule books.

For card and bits storage i use various boxes i found here on BGG.

The space in the middle is perfect for storing the playmat

By alternating the boxes everything stays where it is.

Once i am done sorting everything, i should have space for maybe another 2000 cards. Should last a while
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Domínguez
msg tools
There's a kickstarter running right now with custom based boxes for board and card games. In their most recent update, they shown a custom box for the LotR LCG that can fit 5k+ sleeved cards. Here's a picture:

And here's the link to the kickstarter if someone is interested. I think the cost is 19 pounds with 1 extra if you want dividers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/opticalpower/game-store...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Organizing this game is tough. Spent a couple of hours just sorting and labeling the card sets.

The dividers are just a placeholder. I keep the expansions separate until i can play them in order and add the cards to my deck pool as they come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.