Subject: Question about discarding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When discarding terrain tactics cards (for any reason) do they always go back to the bottom of that terrain's draw deck or are they discarded into your personal discard pile?

Tried finding clarification in the rulebook but was unsuccessful- thanks in advance for your answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ubidubium wrote:
When discarding terrain tactics cards (for any reason) do they always go back to the bottom of that terrain's draw deck or are they discarded into your personal discard pile?

Tried finding clarification in the rulebook but was unsuccessful- thanks in advance for your answers!

Hi,

Cards played from your hand always go to your discard pile. NOT the Terrain Deck. Cry Havoc has this light deckbuilding mechanism, so spending an Action to get a Mountain means your deck will always have that Mountain.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That depends. Ordinarily, they go into your discard pile if you are playing them from your hand.

The exception is the Machine building Matrix. Cards played from there in a battle go to the bottom of the played card's respective deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, Grant, and great game! Really liking it.

Thomas, thanks as well for the exception!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
That depends. Ordinarily, they go into your discard pile if you are playing them from your hand.

The exception is the Machine building Matrix. Cards played from there in a battle go to the bottom of the played card's respective deck.

Grant can I confirm this for the unofficial FAQ? In another thread it was said that cards from the Matrix go to back to the terrain deck, here Thomas states they go back to the bottom of your personal deck (the draw pile not the discard).

Please can you clarify and confirm.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
MDJD wrote:

Grant can I confirm this for the unofficial FAQ? In another thread it was said that cards from the Matrix go to back to the terrain deck, here Thomas states they go back to the bottom of your personal deck (the draw pile not the discard).

Thanks!

That's not what I said. I said they go back to their own deck, i.e. the terrain deck to which they belong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:
MDJD wrote:

Thanks!

That's not what I said. I said they go back to their own deck, i.e. the terrain deck to which they belong.

Ah sorry, I misread "played" as "player"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.