Cthulhu Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Yog sothoth combat dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steffan kristensen
msg tools
Hello everyone.

Quick question.
If Yog Sothoth is summoned as the first great old one in the game. Does he have 0 combat dice until another GOO is awakened?

If so,what are the strategic benefits of awakening him early? 6 power + sacrificing your best combat unit seems a hefty price for what is essentially just a moving gate at this point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssk0909 wrote:
If so,what are the strategic benefits of awakening him early?
It can capture like a GOO, it's a moving gate (summoning monsters in different areas, power, two gates in one area for easier defence), more points when ritualing, spell book unlock (I think)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra gate for power and doom is amazing. Do not underestimate the value of it.
And with the million favored ones, and well placed monsters, especially with, they break through, the army will replenish the power of the lost spawn in no time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
ssk0909 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Quick question.
If Yog Sothoth is summoned as the first great old one in the game. Does he have 0 combat dice until another GOO is awakened?

If so,what are the strategic benefits of awakening him early? 6 power + sacrificing your best combat unit seems a hefty price for what is essentially just a moving gate at this point

It is rare for him to be the first, but if so, yes, it would be 0.

There's no probably with getting him early - you have a GOO, and they don't. GOOs are the best units! Use Beyond One to get next to them and capture his cultists!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steffan kristensen
msg tools
Thanks everyone.

I've got some experimenting to do. I'm not totally convinced that Yog is worth the price until later in the game. But as they say "Dont knock it until you try it"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.