Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Fire in the Lake» Forums » General

Subject: Solo Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I intended to add COIN games verrry slowly after getting Cuba Libre a couple months ago, but I couldn't resist and splurged on buying Fire in the Lake and A Distant Plain. These games are far too involved for my circle of family and friends so I'll be playing solo. I understand Cuba Libre is probably the best of the three to begin with in the series. Which of Fire in the Lake and A Distant Plain would be the best choice to play after Cuba Libre?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
They're both good. Fire in the Lake is a bit more complex than A Distant Plain, but you can't really go wrong either way. Pick the one with the subject matter you find most interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks. I may just go in chronological order then. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one that is easily available without paying Amazon fishing prices.

I have both so I don't know the availability. I might lean slightly toward ADP first only because Fire in the Lake might get some rules/card balancing tweaks for the next printing, but that is only minor and not a deal-breaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I paid what I believed to be fair prices for all three COIN series games. I was surprised to obtain FITL for what I bid. I'd seen it sell for much more than my winning bid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
blackwatch wrote:
I paid what I believed to be fair prices for all three COIN series games. I was surprised to obtain FITL for what I bid. I'd seen it sell for much more than my winning bid.

Once Andean Abyss is reprinted, I strongly suggest that one. In my mind it is 2nd only to Fire in the Lake in the series, especially if you want a game with 4 independent factions with no sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Entner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going to do both, I don't think the order matters too much. ADP is a bit less complex than FitL, but it's really a coin toss. I started with FitL and recently got the ADP reprint, so I did them in that order. Of the factions, most are similar between the two, except for Warlords (ADP) and NVA (FitL).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.