Brass Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarifications: Stockyard and Brass Monument rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Davis
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Stockyard: "While this card is in play, your mining platform produces an additional Brass every time it is used."

Does this basically give you a 1:1 Construction:Brass conversion ratio? Or is it only one extra Brass per turn?

Brass Monument: "... must be destroyed before opposing players can attack any of your other buildings."

The solitaire rules state that the AI only attacks your mining platform, which is also a building. But is the AI considered a "player?" Which has priority? I presume the card text (specific over general).

Loving the game. The art is so beautiful. Thanks for the work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Payawal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Regarding the Stockyard: Yes, it's two construction points, with a result of two Brass per conversion. As it states, "every time it is used", so you could spend six construction to mine, and earn six Brass in a turn. That is of course with a single Stockyard in play.

In the games I've played, we've allowed buildings like that to stack their effects...so having two Stockyards in play would net three Brass per use. (If this is against the rules, I'll stand corrected.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stockyards are a weak building but a powerful strategy - Eric is right that you can certainly stack and exploit Mining with stockyards. If you have 2 stockyards in play you could spend 6 construction for 9 Brass...Awesome!

So glad you are enjoying the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimd11 wrote:

Brass Monument: "... must be destroyed before opposing players can attack any of your other buildings."

The solitaire rules state that the AI only attacks your mining platform, which is also a building. But is the AI considered a "player?" Which has priority? I presume the card text (specific over general).

Loving the game. The art is so beautiful. Thanks for the work.

Mike: Can you address how the Brass Monument works in solitaire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.