badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
It's up for pre-order currently at MM

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ttt-od.html

Regular Price: $60.00

Special Price: $39.00

fwiw it's supposedly "in stock" w/1 copy left at amazon from a 3rd party... but most likely that's also pre-order

http://www.boardgameprices.com/prices/oracledelphi

I've jumped on other feld titles before just to see the price drop on them (aquasphere for example) so think i'll wait on this one to see if that's what happens again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I would rather have the Pegasus version vs the TMG due to component quality .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Honestly I would rather have the Pegasus version vs the TMG due to component quality .

???
I've never had quality problems from TMG. And since it's a first print run, it's probably the same printer, just different box cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamredwoods wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

???
I've never had quality problems from TMG. And since it's a first print run, it's probably the same printer, just different box cover.

They use pressed wooden pieces like stonemeijer does. It's not a big deal just not as nice as the heavier pieces other companies use (the ones where you can see the wood grain).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamredwoods wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

???

The first printing of Homesteaders had some serious problems. I own one of the copies that was apparently waterlogged at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

TMG don't do their manufacturing. They license from Pegasus or Hall in Germany and those companies do the printing, with the TMG logo on the box. Both versions have the same components, as it's the same game with a different box/rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

TMG don't do their manufacturing. They license from Pegasus or Hall in Germany and those companies do the printing, with the TMG logo on the box. Both versions have the same components, as it's the same game with a different box/rulebook.

That wasn't the case for Orleans or Luna. Both TMG versions had cheaper wooden components then the originals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
colmmccarthy wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

That wasn't the case for Orleans or Luna. Both TMG versions had cheaper wooden components then the originals

You're talking about the deluxe edition of Orleans, which is entirely different to the original Euro edition. Are you comparing Luna to the original 2010 printing? If so then yes, the older had better wood - this is a trend with all modern games - materials are getting cheaper. If you're comparing the new edition they are both printed by the same company using the same materials, and both editions are identical. They are also printing Delphi. Any difference you're perceiving is delusional. It is the same product produced by the same manufacturer with a different name on the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are differences between the TMG and zman versions of Luna. The wooden pieces are different. I never said that wasn't the case with Delhi I said I was hoping they don't use cheaper pieces like they have been

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
There are differences between the TMG and zman versions of Luna. The wooden pieces are different.

That's what I said. The ZMan version is the 2010 Hall print. TMG is the 2015 Hall print.

Quote:
I never said that wasn't the case with Delhi I said I was hoping they don't use cheaper pieces like they have been

You said you would rather the Pegasus version vs the TMG due to the component quality, and I have stated that they will be identical as they will be the same product from the same manufacturer (Hall), so which version you buy is irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news, thanks! Love the production quality from TMG games.
Belfort, fantastic.
Eminent Domain, great.
Harbor, great.
Orleans, amazing (deluxe).
Steam Works, great.

Looking forward to Colosseum, Thief's Market, Yokohama Deluxe and now Oracle of Delphi. Going to be a great year for TMG games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:

You said you would rather the Pegasus version vs the TMG due to the component quality, and I have stated that they will be identical as they will be the same product from the same manufacturer (Hall), so which version you buy is irrelevant.

Yup if there was a difference I definitely would prefer it.. anyway, time to move on..

Very excited for a new Feld Title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bet he's lots of fun at parties.
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
OchreOgre wrote:
Great news, thanks! Love the production quality from TMG games.
Belfort, fantastic.
Eminent Domain, great.
Harbor, great.
Orleans, amazing (deluxe).
Steam Works, great.

Looking forward to Colosseum, Thief's Market, Yokohama Deluxe and now Oracle of Delphi. Going to be a great year for TMG games!

TMG's component quality is 'good enough', but I do prefer the higher quality wooden pieces and linen finish that other publishers use (though it is, of course, more expensive). TMG tends to use pressed pieces and smooth finished cards/cardboard in their homegrown stuff (like Orleans Deluxe or Scoville).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, hopefully, they don't have the kinds of delays for this game as they did for Orleans.

The first expansion for Orleans hit Europe from DLP over a year ago. Still no TMG version for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
It's not a box, it's a...
badge
mbmbmb
cinderbike wrote:
TMG's component quality is 'good enough', but I do prefer the higher quality wooden pieces and linen finish that other publishers use (though it is, of course, more expensive). TMG tends to use pressed pieces and smooth finished cards/cardboard in their homegrown stuff (like Orleans Deluxe or Scoville).

I have noticed a difference, too, and I have the same preference for real wood. I just heard back from TMG and the first printing of The Oracle of Delphi will use the same manufacturer as Hall games. To me it looks like Hall is using real wood, so that's good news.

Quote:
All of the TMG Oracle of Delphi copies were printed at the same time and same manufacture that Hall games use, so they might be real wood. If we do a 2nd printing, they will be manufactured at Panda and they will be like Gold west wooden pieces.

If you aren't sure what "like the Gold West wooden peices" means, the Gold West wooden pieces are the lighter, pressed-wood pieces rather than real wood, just like TMG's Luna reprint -- but I do love both those games!

PS The availability date mentioned in my correspondence with TMG was "end of November."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know TMG sent out an announcement with the release date as 11/16...

but no-one but MM seems to be taking preorders for this yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on when this is shipping? I keep checking daily meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Blazur wrote:

a watched pot never boils

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blazur wrote:
I saw they had a bunch at BGG Con in some online pictures so they have to be getting close. I heard possibly first week of December???

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.