Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking what would be the point of going in to Albania. So I cane up with this. The WA are limited to one Army in Greece at any time per 10.2.3.3, Salonika event. Albania has no such limit that I have read so taking it allows the WA to get more units into the Balkans, and would be a good launch point to attack A-H via Bosnia.
Do I have that about right or am I overlooking something?
Thanks.
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
That's correct thinking, Chris. That's what I was alluding to in the other post about the WA getting an advantage by retreating into Albania when Greece is available. It would give them a real head start on this strategy with already having an army in Greece.

To pull this off, the lone army in Greece would have to attack Albania to secure it and then the WA army would be in Albania. AH could then attack the WA army and drive it back to Greece and then they would have an army there. Or, AH could wait until you move another army to Greece and then attack, forcing the Albanian WA army off the map. So they actually have a couple turns to react.

So AH can counter the strategy, but like many things in the game you want to force more issues at the same time so they can't counter everything.

Kirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is if AH isn't too tied up in Russia and has Italy knocking at their back door.

Thanks again Kirk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
Yep. Another good reason for AH to take out Serbia sooner rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.