Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BattleLore is a good game (I kind of think its a hex basic version of this in a way) and still needs 3 armies, I hope they put some focus on that too

Elves Dwarves Orcs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that FFG is done with BattleLore, at least in the RuneWars universe.

Looking at BGG they haven't released anything for the game since 2015 and there's nothing in the 'Upcoming' page on FFG's website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's plenty of discussion about this in the Battlelore forums. The expansions they released (all of them last year) tripled the content of the base set. The lack of news since October, and nothing new at Gencon is disappointing, but I'm not convinced they're done with it.

Besides being tactical level games in the Runewars universe, the two games are very different. No reason both can't exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Same theme, but different mechanics, different scale, and different "board". Certainly the 28mm miniature wargamers will perceive RW:M differently from BL.

FFG looks like it's supporting (or at least keeping in print) Arkham Horror and Eldritch Horror, two even more similar games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will probably sell my BL2E after this is released. 2E lacked the depth I really wanted -- though I can't say I didn't know. The product was certainly as advertised . . . this looks to be a SW:Armada-esque fantasy battle game. And Armada is about *exactly* the depth I want in my minis games.

Due to the popularly of the "Commands and Colors" style of games, I would expect that they would support that game going forward as long as sales remain solid -- BL2E is very much a board game with miniatures. RW:Miniatures is a miniatures game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.