Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Madelyn C
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to play two complete games at the Floodgate booth at GenCon. First time with two players and the second time with three. What a fun little brain burner and very pretty to boot.

The object of the game is to complete your stained glass window to meet the requirements. Everyone receives a different card that may have some fields that only accept a certain colored or numbered die.

There are tools that are shared by all for a cost of 1 gold if you are the first to use the gold and two for anyone else to use the tool. Everyone starts with 3 gold.

A set number of dice are rolled. I cannot remember how we came up with the number to roll but there was some rule and for the color die as well. There are multiple color translucent dice. Really makes you think of stained glass. The requirements are set for all to see such as all dice in a column or row have to be a different number or color.

Everyone has a chance to chose dice twice. The last player choosing two in a row the reverse direction so the person who chose first also chooses last. You have to place you die immediately on your grid in front of you trying to score points off the requirements and meeting the locked fields on your card.

Think Sudoku with dice to some extent.

It plays quite quickly and I loved it. Definitely will kickstart this when it comes out.

I may not have all the rules 100% correct so my apologies to the publisher. Definitely worth a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Guigliano
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is such a good game!

The "gold" you mention are influence, and the amount you get for the game depends on the difficulty of the card you pick. A "3" difficulty will get you 3 influence tokens, where a "5" difficulty will get you 5 tokens. Each of the 4 windows you can pick from will have an indicator for the difficulty level.

The number of dice that are chosen per round is made up of 2 per player, plus 1. For example, a 3 player game would have 7 dice drawn per round.

The players select their die in turn order, with the order "snaking" around, so the last person per round will pick 2, as dice selections go back around.

I'm glad you liked it. I may have actually taught it to you at Gen Con!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madelyn C
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You did teach it to me, we had a math trade.

Thanks for the clarification. Great game and I will definately back when it comes out on Kickstarter.

On a side note you taught it so well I was able to teach my friends when we came back again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
Why did Dracula become a bank? To deal with suckers every day!
mbmbmb
Sounds like it shares some of the qualities of Blueprints, another good game designed in this part of the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Andrews
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As one of the designers of the game, first off I want to thank Madelyn for the kind words, and thank Mike for doing such a great job teaching the game. We need people like you two to help spread the word so people discover the game. Thank you.

Robert, looks like you live in the same city as Yves (designer of Blueprints). It would truly be an honour to have Sagrada mentioned in the same company as Blueprints. One of my favourite games. I had the privilage of playtesting that game and I am sure it was an influence on this design. With that said, I believe they are also very different from one another people can enjoy both in their collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madelyn C
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beloveserve wrote:
As one of the designers of the game, first off I want to thank Madelyn for the kind words, and thank Mike for doing such a great job teaching the game. We need people like you two to help spread the word so people discover the game. Thank you.

Robert, looks like you live in the same city as Yves (designer of Blueprints). It would truly be an honour to have Sagrada mentioned in the same company as Blueprints. One of my favourite games. I had the privilage of playtesting that game and I am sure it was an influence on this design. With that said, I believe they are also very different from one another people can enjoy both in their collection.

Fun game and worth it. Look forward to owning a copy when it comes out. You designed a great little game here, nice work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
BankofDracula wrote:
Sounds like it shares some of the qualities of Blueprints, another good game designed in this part of the world.

Blueprints is great! I'm happy with how it differs from Sagrada, and hope dice drafting fans feel like both belong in their collection!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Guigliano
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madax66 wrote:
You did teach it to me, we had a math trade.

Thanks for the clarification. Great game and I will definately back when it comes out on Kickstarter.

On a side note you taught it so well I was able to teach my friends when we came back again.

Thank you, Madelyn! I hope they liked it as well! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.