Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get items/spells that allow you to heal other investigators. I forget what it was though that my friend had in our game that let him heal me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Items, spells, or character powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider the doctor Vincent. He may have poor agility, but his ability allows him to make up the damage he takes while failing evade/defense checks that require his low agility.

Carolyn, the psychologist, doesn't have this advantage. Still having 2 agility, she is oddly STRONG against horror (she has 5 will) but can only heal horror (which mean her ability will be more often used on allies). This agility weakness is a problem if she begins to take damage though (which she will because her agility is so low).

But both are possible solutions to your problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher James
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Don't have expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The holy bible amd the medical book will heal Sanity and Damage. Sometimes they're given out as starting items, sometimes you find them in search items. Some heros also have heal abilities. I don't remember offhand, but I'm pretty sure some 2nd Ed Core heroes have heal abilities.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tierdal wrote:
Don't have expansions

Oh, ok. Well, you can still use the investigators so long as you use a proxy on the app and remember who "Vincent" and "Carolyn" are. Neither of them start with any specific items, so as long as you remember that when the game says a mythos affects Agatha, it really affects Carolyn, you're fine.

If you don't want to do that, then Bryce is right. There are also 2 other items that heal. Whiskey heals up to 2 sanity one time and bandages heal up to 2 health one time. There are also 2 spells for healing. Instill bravery heals horror, and Flesh Ward heals damage (best to have a high lore investigator use these though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tierdal wrote:
We are being slaughtered...

Well they are...I'm gloriously fiddling as Rome burns

Search everything. You will find items and spells that allow you to heal.

Oh and avoid the monsters. This is not a combat game, this is an investigation. Avoid them, find the clues, solve the mystery, get the hell out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.