Hide
8 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » General

Subject: Unseen Forces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan b
msg tools
i need Unseen Forces? or can i buy just the game plus Gates of Arkham to play thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play without Unseen Forces. Need and want get confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UF changes some variety and only barely changes difficulty or adds new mechanics.

GoA is an entire paradigm shift. It's like a whole new (and better) game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoA is better to play with blessing/curse die, though, isn't it? And Unseen Forces introduce those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GoA works fine without Blessed/Cursed. It's carefully designed to incorporate that element or drop it as needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The blessing and cursed dice are fun, but hardly necessary. It's not really a huge difference to the game. The new entryway is great, but the one from Omens of Ice is even better, I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
The only things from UF that will be carried over to Gates are a few cards (investigators, AOs and the small cards) and the Blessed / cursed mechanics. So, if you plan on playing mostly Gates, it's up to your budget deciding whether it's ok for you investing 25 bucks to get two more dice and a bunch of cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Lagarry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I have the base game and UF and like the additional cards and dice. It adds just enough variety to make additional play throughs a bit less repetitive. I have not played the arkham expansion but will probably get it eventually. I also have grave consequences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.