Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the End Of Round instructions for 'Into the Breach', it states: Raise the Apocalypse track by one if no innocents are revealed.

Is this just if no innocents are revealed in that last round, or if there are none face-up on the board?

Perhaps I missed something in the rules, but I don't believe that the players are required to pick up innocents (I assume they wouldn't be 'revealed' anymore once they're off the board) and the Sins players doesn't appear to have any way to kill, remove, or return them to face-down position. If it is not just referencing that single round, what is there to keep the players from just leaving an innocent revealed forever?

I mainly ask because other instructions seem to explicitly reference things that happened within the round.

I see that the heroes need to have innocents attached in order to achieve one of the missions and this might help limit the number of revealed innocents. However, as a face down innocent is added to the board each round along with the initial two face-down and two face up, it just seems like a easy work around for he players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Stiehl
Germany
Biebertal
Hessen
flag msg tools
I assume (without having the game) that the end of round effect means at this time only (end of the round) if there is no faceup innocent on the board and/or no token attached to a hero because they are also a revealed token
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Augustine
United States
AUSTIN
TX
flag msg tools
mb
At the beginning of the round, you put out three face-down tokens. One is an innocent. The FAITH players reveal the tokens by occupying the space with the face-down token while no monsters are present. At that point, the token is "Revealed". So, if they reveal the face-down innocent token you put out, apocalypse track is not advanced. If they fail to reveal the token you put out, track is advanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is quite confusing and had me scratching my head also.

The way the story board is worded it seems to suggest any revealed innocent NPCs, though it makes more sense to assume it means only the newly placed face-down NPCs cause the apocalypse track to move. It could have been worded more clearly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheYgg wrote:
I assume (without having the game) that the end of round effect means at this time only (end of the round) if there is no faceup innocent on the board and/or no token attached to a hero because they are also a revealed token

But the game starts with two innocent tokens face up on the board, so technically every round will end with a revealed innocent token as there is no way for the sins player to kill innocents (as far as I know from memory).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom W -
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I am also looking for clarification on this. What is to stop the heroes from just leaving one innocent on the board / never picking them up, and thus there will always be a 'revealed innocent' and thus apocalypse track will never go up.

Was this clarified in any FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.